Thighs and ammo Pack

Hey guys! i built my armor to ANH 501st BASIC standards. However there are some areas that i modded myself that have questioning. Im from Indy and went to the Indiana comiccon and ran into the Man who takes applications. he looked over my armor and wanted me to bounce some ideas off the threads here. 

when putting the thigh together, i figured it would be a better look if the ammo pack looked molded into the thigh itself. i used some spackle (sp) to seal the spaces in between and painted over it. Would like to know if this would be a problem or not! I know it is suppose to be attached with rivets, but i love the look of this.. thanks!

You really don't need to. I was merely updating your information thinking you were looking to be more accurate.. For basic level entry, you can leave the thigh as it is

Thighs
For 501st approval:

• Thigh armor shall be closed in the back.
  • The small ammo belt is installed on the bottom of the right thigh.

That's all the basic approval requires about the thigh ammo belt

Edited by The5thHorseman

Did i run into you? i met a couple TKs from the 501st in Bloodfin. its not that big of a deal to split it, just a little sanding and paint :) but if it isnt a bid deal ill leave it alone, however Bryan said he was concerned. Would you like more images? I added the photos i thought would do justice. 

Hey Kyle, I found you over here ;)

Yeah, I'm taking a literal translation of the CRL on that ammo pack in thinking it should not be attached.

In any case, as I mentioned, I will probably get with the DL once you submit pix to me.

Thanks for jumping on the forums over here.  Looks like you are getting some good advice on a few things.