A newbie's plan to build a ROTJ - TK

KaitoTrooper

With a bit of luck, the future ROTJ E-11's from Kai will be a little more accurate, as it turns out that we have an MGC C1 Sterling in the Nordic Garrison that they Kai can use to make accurate moulds from.

I'm not really involved in this, I just put the two people together and hope they make it work from there.

Then I should wait with the blaster, shouldn't I? :)

By the way:

I now have passed my Abitur (I think you call it A-Level Exams) officially!

The only thing that can stop me now is my lack of money

• 1 month later...

Back in White! (I just wanted to say that :) )

It's been some time since I've updated this post, so here we go!

- Undersuit is here

- The blaster is ordered and nearly finished, just the paint is missing

(I think, i'll go with this one: http://www.amazon.de/Morello-Lederfarbe-Glattleder-40ml-Pflegewei%C3%9F/dp/B0082YWNCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401126134&sr=8-1&keywords=Morello+lederfarbe+pflegeweiss)

- Boots are ordered

- so are the gloves

- Neckseal and holster will be ordered today or tomorrow

All in all there is not very much left to do until the "real" work starts :)

Edited by KaitoTrooper

• 3 weeks later...

Finally some pictures!

This is what i have so far:

My gloves:

7w3va28ppwbe.jpg

The undersuit:

j43v2yla85k.jpg

And as my personal favorite, my own E-11 ROTJ Blaster!

9b6pcdo5i2j7.jpg

I also found some boots similar to TK-Boots, but in Europe :)

All in all, I am still in the business!
Edited by KaitoTrooper
  • Like 1

Once you have the names and garrison it's easy but finding them can prove to be very difficult  :P.

I have a fellow mate from the French Garrison who was looking for a ROTJ blaster and it took me forever to find one for him! By the way i think i have found the name in your presentation thread, so thank you  :).

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I got a firehose:

------------

It's 4,6 inches (11,8 cm) wide.

CRLs say, that it should be 2,25 to 2,5 inches (5,7 to 6,4 cm) wide.

So I will have to cut it down.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Just a week left until buying "gets serious".

And still i have a couple of unsolved questions.

1) Will this hose be ok for the belt if i cut it?

2) Can I really screw the armor up, when I cut a bit too much down (I know how a screwed up helmet looks like, so Mark's got a job on the helmet)

3) I just noticed that some ROTJ TKs have a strapping without brackets or buttons. Is this made with velcro and is it ok? (Yeah, I am researching for 8 months and I have not noticed it until now)

Thanks for your help!

Belt looks fine if you cut it down.

It depends of course where and how you cut it down too much, but generally speaking just cutting it down to size to fit yourself should not be a problem.

ROTJ uses elastic that was most likely glued to the plastic. Velcro tend to come undone if stressed. Better to use snaps with your elastic.

That Hose looks good and yes it will be OK cut down.

You can screw up trimming of armour but if you score with a Stanley blade, bend and snap it will break following the score line. So as long as you are careful with your scoring you can't really go wrong. If you do you can make good.....but it will just take longer to build if you are correcting errors through not being careful and double thinking every score.... :)

Just make sure as well as double thinking every score you also tripple think the position of your hand and fingers that aren't holding the blade! I know it sounds an obvious thing to do but you'll be surprised how many close shaves I've had in the years of assembling armour. TM/Paul will attest to that! 

The correct strapping on ROTJ is glued in elastic and velcro.... As long as it's secured/glued properly it's a very strong system and you should not have any problems with it.... Yeah, Velcro will need replacing every now and then but it's accurate. I use Stelmax white..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stelmax-White-Professional-grade-strong-adhesive-135g-/280469901939?pt=UK_Crafts_Cardmaking_Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item414d4f1273

I use Liquid solvent cement on my armour and helmets..... 

http://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/liquid-solvent-cement-500ml.html

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...