knee plate mounting

OK, so I am building the shin armor... and the instructions say to use velcro on the knee plate and the thigh bangolier... seems kinda loose on a moving part. anyone have a better mounting method? I havent commited to gluing the clamshells yet. I have velcro all around for now untill i get a good fit...

My knee plate has stayed secure with industrial for many troops now simply for the fact that I have not commited to glueing the shins together just yet. When I do, I will be using rivets to keep it secure, as I did with my left thigh piece.

Rivets are the way to go. Check out

------------------- (about 3/4 down) for a good reference pic.

I have both my plate and bangolier secured with rivets. Another side benefit of rivets, you can swivel them a bit if they get in the way without worrying about pulling them off.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used Rivets on the Knee Plate, and that does allow it to move - but that's my problem. My calve pieces have been widened to fit my calves and that pressure keeps the Knee Plate close and it keeps catching on my thigh. So far the only solution has been to jam a bunch of padding behind it to push it all the way out - but that works its way out as I walk.

Any suggestions?

I had kinda the same issue, My knee would pinch me real bad between the thigh and the knee. I used self stick foam on the insido of the knee, dosend do it anymore. Mabey you should use a permanant monting for your padding. A cheap knee pad under your body suit might help too. Like a dollar store set for gardning.