TM ANH Stunt Build (WIP)

Logon

Yes, that's what i did too and the biceps & forearms look just right. The strange thing would be to have too large biceps or forearms.

You may just need to reshape a bit the inner curve of the forearm depending on how much you had to take off on each side

I guess you do that by having a thick sweater on and a heatgun?

But wouldn't almost everyone need to reshape the forearm? atleast the one from TM...

Pictures!

DXL4O5p.jpg

MCVDKLt.jpg

VBQfWjQ.jpg

7FuqgxE.jpg

xEhbf1J.jpg

Last picture the beginning is about the size of my wrist but the end is maybe double the needed size.

Edited by Logon

But won't that make the forearms look really strange? Because the outerforearm is pretty wide, but maybe it is okay when i trim the inner one...

Thanks for the help btw Locitus :)

What Matthias means is to trim the back joint to size (both halves) and have the front with the flat edge standard 15mm wide. Trim the front first and keep it 15mm and then overlap the back joint to see how much you need to trim. Do not have the forearms tight and try to keep them tapering from wide at the elbow to narrow at the wrist. Whatever you do, do not use a heat gun. You will never need to use one on TM armour.

The bicep halves just need overlapping and trim half way so both parts are about the same size.

With my ATA and my skinny arms I just added a couple of pieces of foam inside to keep the forearms from sliding around. If you glue Velcro to the pieces of foam you can remove them for washing ;)

ATA parts are not adjustable like TM parts. You can make TM parts as narrow or as wide as you need since they do not have the moulded in joining strips which restrict sizing. Strapping the forearm and bicep together so they are hinged close together stops them sliding around ;)

Biceps are done, they are much easier to do than the forearm D:

Do you guys have any thought on how to make it fit me better? Sure i can make it more "flat" but i cannot make it more narrow so i guess i will have to live with it like this?

rnrs0Po.jpg

axuQGxj.jpg

b2FVBrm.jpg

VApfSw7.jpg

You can slim it down by trimming the downward side when you wear the forearm, on both halves.

It also kind of looks like you have one right and one left forearm taped together. I'm looking at the L and R written inside the parts (last picture).

Strapping the forearm and bicep together so they are hinged close together stops them sliding around ;)

Paul, can I hire you to do some after-dinner speaking at our big annual event next year? You won't have to write a complicated speech or anything, Just repeat this sentence over and over for about 20 minutes. :laugh1:

Sick to death of seeing biceps hidden under shoulder bells and a bloody great black stripe of undersuit between biceps and forearms.

http://www.legion501.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=5642

JOIN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :56pullhair:  :56pullhair:  :56pullhair: 

Paul, can I hire you to do some after-dinner speaking at our big annual event next year? You won't have to write a complicated speech or anything, Just repeat this sentence over and over for about 20 minutes. :laugh1:

Sick to death of seeing biceps hidden under shoulder bells and a bloody great black stripe of undersuit between biceps and forearms.

http://www.legion501.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=5642

JOIN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :56pullhair:  :56pullhair:  :56pullhair: 

Haha!

Good one!

Think i salvaged it, but can you guys check if you see anything wrong at all.

FjIOeRK.jpg

EtIlosI.jpg

g66HeUq.jpg

2onKGQ4.jpg

GycwoUf.jpg

QdC0zKv.jpg

TTLUHIu.jpg

xB4a4NL.jpg

QwClSzb.jpg

(PS Ignore the blood)

One question i have is about the forearm, the flat area where you put down your strip the one Up if you are wearing them how wide should that be? 15mm?

Edited by Logon

Yes, that area should be roughly 15 mm wide total. So you need to trim that back to about 7.5 mm on each side of the cut. See picture.

GycwoUf.jpg

The bottom side you trim as much as you need to get a good fit. And then use a ~15 mm coverstrip to join the halves.

It looks like you have your pieces paired up properly now, so just trim to fit and join them up.

Agreed!

Get the edges sanded and cut off the return edge at the wrist before you glue the cover strips on.

Make sure you check the marking inside to get parts matched up correctly. L-L and R-R ;) And I hope that pen is not permanent. A pencil might be a better choice to do the marking.

Agreed!

Get the edges sanded and cut off the return edge at the wrist before you glue the cover strips on.

Make sure you check the marking inside to get parts matched up correctly. L-L and R-R ;) And I hope that pen is not permanent. A pencil might be a better choice to do the marking.

Will do!

Just wanted to check if it was right.

It's a whiteboard pen it's acually great doing this kind of work if you drew wrong you just wipe it off and it doesn't leave a mark. (Could have been a bit thinner)

Edited by Logon

Isopropanol alcohol / rubbing alcohol works wonders at cleaning up "permanent" marker pens though. :)

I am always scared of using any type of alcohol on plastic, so i rather just use dryerase marker :) ( Even tho it probably has alcohol as a evaporating component D: !)

I am always scared of using any type of alcohol on plastic, so i rather just use dryerase marker :) ( Even tho it probably has alcohol as a evaporating component D: !)

It works just fine. But keep the plastic away from benzine and acetone. ;)