Needing a new Bucket. Suggestions?

Hi guys,

I've gone a long way to completing my AM armor. My bucket is complete and all is good.. until I put my armor on. Due to the bobble head nature of the bucket, I can't look down, left or right without the bucket coming into contact with the chest  plate and lifting off my head.. quite humorous, but not practical.

Can anyone suggest a make of bucket for me to go with that matches AM armor that isn't quite so big, but big enough to fit over a largish melon..?

I would assume someone else out there has had this issue already...

I have some of the same issue with my helmet contacting my chestplate when I attempt to look down. I don't really think that is too fixable, just the nature of the armor. I did however find a way to get my bucket to stay in place when I look side-to-side by using a motorcycle helmet liner. I ordered from Motorcycle Superstore... I think it was around $10. I just affixed it with some Velcro. Works great and gives my bucket more of that "spaceman helmet" look. :P

Honestly I believe everyone have this problem some way or another. I fixed it the same way as the original troopers and most of the people here I believe with, just as vern said, a chin strap and foam. If you haven't got any trooperbay is selling the SA things for 15$ http://trooperbay.com/yellow-foam-helmet-liner-and-straps/ good luck ;)

adding the foam liner from TB and a chin strap you raise the helmet above the chest, allow movement and keep the lid in place

you have to tilt the lid down a bit/

by ilfting up the helmet from the top of your head, you can turn it, and by tilting your eyeline down you can see.

Honestly I believe everyone have this problem some way or another. I fixed it the same way as the original troopers and most of the people here I believe with, just as vern said, a chin strap and foam. If you haven't got any trooperbay is selling the SA things for 15$ http://trooperbay.com/yellow-foam-helmet-liner-and-straps/ good luck ;)

he gave the link... GO GO GO!

I know the trooper, his helmet is HUGE, not an issue with padding or tilting, whether he just has a short neck for his sizing I don't know, but his problem is he has very little movement of the head, even the slightest sideways movement his helmet hits, when I can move my head quite freely. He can not tilt the lid down as this will increase the problem, padding is not an issue either.

So anyway back to his original enquiry, can anyone suggest a slightly smaller fitting helmet than his AM? He has tried my ATA but as I though it was too small, I have suggested he try a few other squad members lids, but I thought some of you would know sizing of other helmets ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13

My ATA helmet fit's fine with no padding in the top of the lid. the CAP west helmet is a tad larger than the ATA and not so claustrophobic. If you have the funds, get an RS or TM,  of course these are the  best choice. 

Edited by SCTrooper

I have the CAP-W. I suggested the liner due to the vision issue. The liner has very little pad at the top (maybe 1/4in. or less) and snugs up the sides and back to your head, allowing for a tighter fit and some side-to-side movement without the use of a chinstrap. The liner also leaves plenty of room for my fans and other electronics. This is the one I have: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/193/46987/ITEM/HJC-CLX-5-Helmet-Liner.aspx?WT.ac=RichAutoC.omplete

My avatar is me in full armor if you want reference the size of the CAP-W. As you can see, I have a relatively short neck and my cheek tubes ride very close to my chestplate. I have some side movement, but I cannot look down.

Edited by Kaden

I use a TM helmet with an AM armor.

The color difference is almost not noticeable and the helmet is bigger than an ATA and a CAP.

Go for TM!

Here is a link to my EIB submission:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22825-tk-18793-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-am300/

Edited by Minuteman

• 10 months later...