Boots for my TK

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My very good friend and colleague dropped these on my table this morning at work....not bad:-)

Ā 

They are similar to the ones I have just painted ( military issue ones).

They are a little more worn than the ones I painted and one of the pullstraps is broken....but still very nice.

Y0R3aS2.jpg

Ā 

BkpAmqa.jpg

Ā 

cob3KwC.jpg

Ā 

I have another pair from a different company waiting at the postoffice......:-)

Edited by SorenM

Picked up another pair of boots, now I have three different ones, besides the ones I have painted.

I am sure I will paint one more pair, which ones are undecided....

Ā 

From the left: Austin Reed, Herring, military issue

yoBTwqO.jpg

Ā 

Front to rear: military issue, Herring, Austin Reed

jaDK46N.jpg

Ā 

From left to right: Austin reed, Herring, military issue

EonDoF8.jpg

Ā 

From front to rear: military issue, Herring, Austin Reed

SFBlbZY.jpg

Just painted another pair today....

I used shoe whitener in combination with Angelus. Time will tell if there are any differences between the two methods used. I gave them approximately the same number of coats. I started with shoewhitener, and then Angelus, and then shoewhitener, and then so on and so forth, ending with two coats of Angelus...

Ā 

The boots are the Herring ( made by Loake on the 290 last I believe).

o3BFauw.jpg

Ā 

Qnb0x5o.jpg

Ā 

UZBi88R.jpg

Damn damn and blasted !!! ( pun intended). The paint job from yesterday started "bubbling", and I could peel off a big chunk of paint. Luckily for me, it peeled off just in this spot. It did not take much time to tell, that Angelus painted on top of shoewhitener, does NOT work...so I will peel off what I can and then repaint.....

8pnM8S5.jpg

Edited by SorenM

Blasted again!.... :-(.. Had to remove all the paint, peeling off and sanding, then ending with a rub down with paint thinner....

This is what they look like now, ready for multiple coats of Angelus...(and nothing else)......

TGQPYfB.jpg

Edited by SorenM

I hope mine turn out half as good as yours, I'd be happy with that :)

Thanks Brent:-)....I reckon that you are referring to the first pair I painted ;-).....

I am sure yours will be at least as good..:-)...just paint thin layers with even strokes, that dors not go in every direction....:-)

I see the paint has cracked on place. Too thick layers or not enough drying between the layers?

Hey Alexey....:-) the ones that have cracked paint, and that I have now stripped entirely were painted, as a test, with coats of normal shoewhitener and Angelus intermixed ( as described with the pictures).... And that does not work at all.....

Edited by SorenM

How much Angelus paint is required for 1 pair? I see it comes in 1oz and 4oz bottles.

I used half of a 3.8 oz bottle for one pair...so I would suggest the 4 oz bottle, then you will also have paint leftover for the touch ups you will need after a troop:-)

Edited by SorenM

Finally!

The new bottle of Angelus paint arrived yesterday, and that enabled me to finally finish the boots I had to redo....

So here they are, ready to troop..

jJftIBb.jpg

Ā 

Still have two other pairs, but I will not start painting them.....yet:-)

Looks like you're getting all of your accessories completed, Soren!Ā 

Ā 

Great work thus far.Ā  Boots look really good - of course, that is to my own untrained (fully, as of yet) eye.

Ā 

How long do you estimate it will be before you receive your armor kit?

Looks like you're getting all of your accessories completed, Soren!

Ā 

Great work thus far. Boots look really good - of course, that is to my own untrained (fully, as of yet) eye.

Ā 

How long do you estimate it will be before you receive your armor kit?

Hi Tim

Yes all accessories completed, undersuit, neckseal, boots, Icomm, blaster ready, helmet fan-kit still to be received though:-).

I expect my armour to arrive ( fully assembled) before Setember 20th, including gloves, handguards, and canvas belt....

Ā 

I am working on a couple of additional improvements on my blaster, and it remains to be seen if changing the helmet padding is necessary, if it is, then I am prepared...:-)...

Edited by SorenM

Look what my fantastic wife bought me today....

Ā 

2olOlie.jpg

Ā 

An airbrush!....woohoooo, next pair of boots her we go!...:-).........

Found in the local Lidl (a supermarket), their tool brand is actually quite good, and very reasonably priced...88 $ for this one, including three nozzles and 6 paints...

Edited by SorenM