ANH E-11 Doopydoo kit completed

PiettLives

Here are some pics of my completed E-11 that my buddy built for me. He's a master model builder and has been doing modeling forever. He's also a big Star Wars fan so that helped. I sent him links to several builds (including the one by Techne) on this forum to help him with ideas as well as making sure it's up to snuff. Let me know what you think and I'll be sure to pass it along to him as well.

N3DpVXG.jpg

BK5OynS.jpg

AZH6zuh.jpg

0WYYFIw.jpg

VYpbxbB.jpg

EK8Q28F.jpg

qYKdDCi.jpg

lFL9xNT.jpg

Ucdl24U.jpg

qgaj3bm.jpg

Very nice job!

Couple of little things:

no silver on the folding stock hinge.

paint should be rough and bumpy, the real sterling has a very interesting  texture.

grips should be gloss black - since the originals were that way.

hengstler counter brass details are really nice, but I'd tone em down just a tad (don't really need to, but it would be more SA)

wires are not correct according to screen used. there should be 4 loops per wire, and be in series.  I've had to describe this

many many times with Chris Reiff being one of the best examples of SA wire.  his are red and green too BTW

power cell hex nuts seem a little large.

I can't see the inner barrel in front but I suppose it's there!

one of the best builds I've seen in a long long time!

very nice work!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Great looking blaster. A real sterling is made of steel. You would only see brass on the scope. The metal parts of the gun would not have brass showing under the paint. I have a real sterling and the paint on mine looks like yours except for the brass looking weathered areas. It does not have the heavy texture that has been seen on other sterlings. The only area where my paint looks heavy is on top of area where the mag clip attaches to the gun. I think this is from the heat of the torch used to cut it up into parts.

I would not worry about the weathering too much unless you are going for the "hero" look. There were numerous screen used blasters with a variety or scopes, power cylinders (some had them and some did not), some did not have wires from the counter to the power cylinders, and some did not have the Hengstler counters. The nice thing about this hobby is you can make your weapon look the way you want it. I have a M47 scope which is similar but not exactly like the M38. It has a flat area in the middle where a light was attached to iluminate the reticle inside the scope for night use. I am going to leave mine like it is and not alter it to be tapered like the M38. I do not want to mess up a 70 year old piece of WW2 history.

• 9 months later...

This blaster looks superb !    I want to know how it was painted.  Did your friend use a spray gun or airbrush?

What I notice right away is the very fine texture to the finish that I really like.  Can you get us an idea of how it was painted?

Thank you!

Russell