The brown box has arrived

OK, so I got some thicker lens material today. Does anyone out there have a pic of the inside of their bucket so I can get an idea of how to cut and attach the lenses?

So I got the ab buttons attached and some strapping on the kidney/butt plate done today.

DSCN0442_zps74501277.jpg

Looking good, nice work

OK, so I got some thicker lens material today. Does anyone out there have a pic of the inside of their bucket so I can get an idea of how to cut and attach the lenses?

I don't have a camera handy but I just cut a rectangle and took out a v section where my nose is, I then drill a hole in each end, glued a small piece of plastic at either side of the eyes,

lay the lens on top, then drill holes through into the plastic blocks behind and secure with screws. Some use double sided tape, glue, silicon, hot glue, there is no right or wrong way but if you leave a little gap it will help reduce fogging.

Hope that made sense, keep up the good work :D

Looking good, nice work

I don't have a camera handy but I just cut a rectangle and took out a v section where my nose is, I then drill a hole in each end, glued a small piece of plastic at either side of the eyes,

lay the lens on top, then drill holes through into the plastic blocks behind and secure with screws. Some use double sided tape, glue, silicon, hot glue, there is no right or wrong way but if you leave a little gap it will help reduce fogging.

Hope that made sense, keep up the good work :D

So, I'm still hesitant on installing the new lenses. I know I saw post somewhere on FISD once upon a time, but can't seem to relocate it. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get my armor done by the 13th or 16th of July so I can attend my 1st troop.

Thanks

So after mulling it over all day, the liquid courage kicked in and I trimmed the heavier lens material and installed it. Here is my bucket complete minus the padding/inserts/electronics.

DSCN0452_zps0f0c35fa.jpg

DSCN0453_zpsc73c5cb7.jpg

Got the electronics and bucket padding installed today. I just need to figure out fan placement in the bucket. I have and Evilboy system, but think it may be to much for my big melon to fit in.

DSCN0454_zps12d15db8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Making more progress. Not in this picture are the fore arms, calves and thighs. I have them done, just don't have the connecting straps done. I should have them all done by this weekend. I hope to have my armor finished by the end of the month. Thanks to all those who helped out and gave me some good ideas last week end at the mini armor party.

DSCN0456_zps4c3628de.jpg

OK, got some more done today. I still need to get the shoulder straps, knee plate and thigh ammo belt installed. But I thought I'd do a dry run and see what spots needed some work. It's a bit difficult by your self when you can't see everything, but so far I'm happy.

DSCN0476_zpsa78535a3.jpg

Edited by 4165gorilla

Looks good!

The only thing that I could add to your list would be to replace the handguards for accurate rubber/latex ones.

Your almost there, keep it up :duim:

Looks good!

The only thing that I could add to your list would be to replace the handguards for accurate rubber/latex ones.

Your almost there, keep it up :duim:

I have a set of them. Just trying to get things in place first before I start to go down the EIB road.

Done with the build. I want to thank all those who helped out with it. App is in to 501st. Here are my  submission pics. Wheeew!!!! What a trip.

DSCN0487_zpse1c2ef6e.jpg

DSCN0490_zps8d3d4558.jpgDSCN0492_zps598b3ae6.jpgDSCN0495_zpsaed4013a.jpgDSCN0514_zps4bc936d0.jpg

DSCN0503_zpsd7d2ac60.jpg

This is my attempt  for a Bruce Lee pose.

BRUCE+LEE+POSE.jpg

DSCN0524_zpsc37ab02c.jpg

Edited by 4165gorilla

Looks very good! :duim:

You did a great job fitting the armor to your shape, also the shins look good.

Maybe you could shorten the straps to the shoulder bells to minimize the gap between chest/back and shoulder bells.

Also I would recommend you to bring the forearms up to the biceps.

If you haven´t already install elastic between those parts or shorten the already existing one.

And would it be possible to raise the thighs about 1-2 cm?

All in all - very nice ;)

Thanks to everyone for the help and support on this build. Just found out that I have my #. TK-41650 is now active and reporting for duty.

BTW, thanks AP for a great set of armor.

Edited by 4165gorilla