Another NE build

My armor got here this week, so I thought I'd start posting sone progress pic here. I've never done anything like this before, so feedback would be awesome! post-18386-136830504544_thumb.jpgpost-18386-136830510743_thumb.jpgpost-18386-136830521751_thumb.jpg What size cover strips should I use? Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by jphillips38

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've got so far. Having troubles with the ear peices. Hoe much more can i shave off to be ok? And, do you havr to force the peice to fit?

Still a WIP so still got some tweaking to do.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

post-18386-136913713066_thumb.jpg

post-18386-136913714034_thumb.jpg

post-18386-136913715553_thumb.jpg

Congrat's on your kit. Looks like your getting there. The biceps could be made smaller to fit you better, and that will help the shoulder bells sit better. Just make them big enough to flex your arm, like when you take off your helmet. This is the first NE helmet I have seen put together. As far as the ears go the top of the ear usually  almost touches the ridge line on the helmet, but I am not too sure since this helmet is so new. You may have to trim more off the foot of the ear piece, I wouldn't trim any more off the curved part of the ear, that looks fine. Look at some screen shots of helmets before  trimming any more and use that as your guide. That scratch on the ear can be polished out.  :)  

Yeah, the ears are curved so tight, it almost looks like the mold was pinched.

I tried heating the plastic to shape it, but destroyed the piece :(

Anyone got an extra pair? Lol

Congrat's on your kit. Looks like your getting there. The biceps could be made smaller to fit you better, and that will help the shoulder bells sit better. Just make them big enough to flex your arm, like when you take off your helmet. This is the first NE helmet I have seen put together. As far as the ears go the top of the ear usually  almost touches the ridge line on the helmet, but I am not too sure since this helmet is so new. You may have to trim more off the foot of the ear piece, I wouldn't trim any more off the curved part of the ear, that looks fine. Look at some screen shots of helmets before  trimming any more and use that as your guide. That scratch on the ear can be polished out.  :)  

The biceps are actually snug, not sure what's causing that inward tilt.

I left the return edge on the curved inner part, maybe that's why?

Hi there, it matters not that the NE helmet is a new helmet, you should still try and emulate how the ears look on the screen used helmets.

There are plenty of screen grabs for you to review.

With regards to your biceps, they look too big at your elbow area.

Whilst I appreciate that you say that they are snug by your biceps, it would appear that they require trimming down or tapering.

I built an AM Armour years ago, the predecessor of NE and remember how much extra plastic they have at every join to cater for larger troopers.

Taper the join if required, make your Armour look good on you and form fitted to your shape.

Good luck trooper.

I'm having a horrible time with the ears on the NE helmet as well. Have you made any progress? I had to put mine down before I smashed it I was getting so frustrated.

It seems to me that there's no way they will fit to touch the ridge line as mentioned above.

Had to order a new pair on friday. I'm getting real frustrated with it. Talked to one of our garrisons armor guys, and he's going to help me out.

I'll take pics and post how he does it. Should probably email tupprrwaretk too, get his input .

Uhg. That doesn't give me a lot of hope. I emailed trooper gear about it today. I'll let you know what I hear. I may end up needing another pair too. Maybe I'll just go ahead and order a set now just in case.

I think the ears might be a bit small. We ended up with a gap from the top of the ear to the bottom of the brow. ScottM helped me on this one, and this is the best he could do. ( have since trimmed up that extra bit of plastic under the left tube / ear.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Looks good! I may havr to go that route too. Does the tube on the back bulge out a lot on yours too?

Thanks! He did the best he could with it. It does have a bulge. Let's just say that I heard a lot of grumbling and near-cursing from Scott as he built the bucket. There's no way I could have assembled it as a person new to TKs.

I would order a new ear. That one is sitting way too low. The top of the ear should come darn near touching the brow trim at the trapezoid. These are the mistakes that help us learn. Next time you will know what NOT to do.

My new ears came in yesterday, annd our garrison armor guy came over to look at it.

He noted that the ears are too small to make it to brow ridge. Part of the foot is going to need trimming, about an inch or more.

We had to rivet the bulging tube from the back down.

In the end; I decided to let him take it home and trim the ears down to fit.

I would order a new ear. That one is sitting way too low. The top of the ear should come darn near touching the brow trim at the trapezoid. These are the mistakes that help us learn. Next time you will know what NOT to do.

I've notice in all the NE buckets that the ear are low. I think it's a design issue. I might be wrong too.

Edited by Tolo

Agree. ..mine as welli was going to just make a mold and form new ears....I think he should and give us all new ears.but that wont happen...I have pmed him many times for info on whete he got the plastic so it will match...does anyone know...

I'm trying to get another set at least. No luck yet.

Did you get your kit through tupperwaretk? It only took him a week to send me my pair. I assume all NE is identical.

I can send you his email address if you want.

Also; saw your posting in the foam armour thread. Hot stuff! Im working on bo katan for the wife :D