E-11 ANH DVH kit - WIP

Hi everyone,

It's been several weeks since I've begun to work on my E-11 and right now I think it might be time for some posting :)

It took me a lot of extra-time because I wanted to add some features to the kit, and gathering the parts plus taking some reflexion about how I'll make these functional were quite long...

I wish I took more pics but most of the time I was too unsure of what I was doing for making pics for a possible how-to thread.

So let's start with the last thing I've done, the Inner Barrel:

12792770995_2e5e312679_z.jpg

12792773555_577abf3d35_z.jpg

Then the Front sight where I had to add a new sight and re-sculpt the flying tips:

12792864743_9ce68921df_z.jpg

12793197414_7625045ca9_z.jpg

12792864743_9ce68921df_z.jpg

Useless pic but, well... I took it, so ^^:

12792759745_94d2efb952_z.jpg

The area I flattened for the bayonet lug:

12792811133_ee7ce7faa5_z.jpg

A little pic to show the efforts I've made to smoothen the junctions between the parts and the pipe, Here the Mag well junction:

12792695285_543a05ce2f_z.jpg

As the grip and the inner handle are separated I had to re-sculpt the screw which goes through the handle. I also had to correct a mis-alignment on the folding stock's right branch:

12792748155_611149e40c_z.jpg

Functional Fire selector:

12792733965_78bf91d81e_z.jpg

12792722345_f79f8568c8_z.jpg

And spring trigger, I made the video as it was still a work in progress for my bro and I was very happy it works :P

The spring I made with a wirecoat and I'm glad it turned so well ! I know it's certainly not the best spring there is but hey, it's just a wirecoat that had been rounded around a broomstick :P :

12792683635_333afc0915_z.jpg

Damn this D-ring was so tough, also unbendable !! Even heated ! I struggled really hard to make it fit without taking the original D-ring home away.

12792678955_6c6dd2437b_z.jpg

Sights alignment, Wasn't that simple, I had to re-glue my rear sight twice :s

12792776133_0d40a6cb7a_z.jpg

12792773823_b47919d736_z.jpg

And now some Overviews to show at which level I am right now:

12792771163_9cb1f9bf43_z.jpg

12792668145_d303cdaf40_z.jpg

And now with the RESIN t-tracks provided with the kit installed. Here too I'm really happy of the result:

12792665305_f54257bdbb_z.jpg

12793094004_edb0e494dc_z.jpg

12792659025_be4f2d89e4_z.jpg

Now, what I still have to do:

- Glue the Power cylinders as soon as I get them

- Make the scope and hengstler rails

- Installed the wires between power cylinders and hengstler

- Re-shape the junction between the pipe and the front muzzle

- Paint the whole thing !

I hope I will be able to post the rest of my build soon but right now I'm working on my armor. Most important first ;)

Edited by The5thHorseman

Loving it! Do you mind if I add your WIP to the Euro DVH sale thread for future DHV builders to come to see the work you have done to help answer any questions they may have?

Well done! Nice work so far. Check your ejection port. The lower corner of that was not that sharp of an angle it was more rounded. 

Effectively you're right ! I'll try to fix it later but it might be difficult as my inner bolt is linked with my inner barrel which is linked to the front muzzle :s

very nice job!  the bayonet lug flat area and the breech are the only slight flaws!

I know I don't have that rear breech but it's very hard to add to the pipe. I keep that in mind each time i find a piece of gear to check if it could make the deal ! In last resort I will sculpt it.

Loving it! Do you mind if I add your WIP to the Euro DVH sale thread for future DHV builders to come to see the work you have done to help answer any questions they may have?

Yeah of course ! I'll be pleased to help them !

p5040266.jpg

the dimple is on both sides of the buttcap.  the dimple locks into the bar on each side of the buttcap,  the pressure of the dimples helps to hold the

assembly in place

p5040272.jpg

you should not fill the depression on the butcap it's an actual detail that should be there

dimple_zps4d9ca580.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Aha, you also figured to late that the dremel tip is a lot wider when it starts spinning like nutjob? :P :P

I used the superpointy one and it screwed mine up too a bit. That's why the depression will look a bit larger, nothing bothersome in the finished state of the blaster.

Illustration:

DSC01104.jpg

Edited by Nicky

Just a little update of some adjustments I've done after your remarks.

I reshaped the lower corner of my ejection port. This was very difficult to do but I gotta admit this is much better like that. While doing it what I feared happened, I did a lot of scratchs along the inner bolt, that's why there's some green stuff on it to fix them.

12792656245_f0cda2835e_z.jpg

And now the rear breech, kind of a pain in my a** for a while ! To do it I used this:

12792754573_d1d95ecfe9_z.jpg

At last a useful way to use the old iPod headset  :P !!

The result (sorry for the yellowed pics, but I took them with artificial light and a yellow background):

12793083464_38b9a7bc3d_z.jpg

12793151535_46095123b1_z.jpg

It's not wonderful but I'm confident that once painted it will make the illusion  :icon_beg:

Edited by The5thHorseman

That's attention to details :) The fact that the pipe's outer diameter is slighter larger than the breach would be this detail is really tricky to recreate. I wouldn't have used a circular shaped object, even the thinest band flattened and taped right there would do the trick, you can add a tiny bit of shadow with a pen or paint afterwards. People tend forget this detail on the rear breach but they probably don't remember seeing a tiny cable either. Either way it be fine once painted and cool to look at.

En tout cas, bon travail! ^^

In fact, it's not really circular, I cut one of the wire approximately halfway. This way I have the rounded effect up, but the wire sit flat along the pipe. Also I covered it with CA glue once installed, so the wire is no longer soft when you touch it ;)

Perhaps I could just cut along this blue line?

p5050246e.jpg

Because on my ref pics I couldn't say if the side towards the end cap is straight or rounded.

Couldn't tell either, my damn work proxy blocks almost every weapon pics on google. Then I browsed for awhile and like I assumed the one side facing the rear shouldn't be visible as it looks like this when cap is off:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tim_Orrock/media/Sterling%20Mk4/P1040832-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

(and on:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tim_Orrock/media/Sterling%20Mk4/P1040844.jpg.html?sort=3&o=17 )

Edited by Nicky

Indeed you're right, but it's not something I will be able to fix because of the difference of diameter between the pipe and the rear cap :s

If I add material at the end of the pipe the end cap won't fit any longer; and if I withdraw material on the inside of the end cap it will be too thin... Bref, lots of troubles for small, almost un-noticeable details !  ^_^

Oui, bref! ;)

It is just the visible part that counts and you put something there it should be enough. I wanted to keep the cap removable so adding anything there would be impossible. Luckily there are many other details we can waste our lives perfecting :)

What adapter do you use on your Dremel to cut inside your pipe? I know for the circular holes you used a drill, but for the ejection port? If you did that with a drill, I will call you master for the rest of my life LOLLL

I'm a n00b in armor so imagine in blasters... :huh: 

Merci d'aider un cousin de la Langue de Molière!  :salute: 

Eric

For the ejection port and the inner bolt/spring slide I made the rounded corners with a drill and after that I cut the straight lines with a PVC circular saw for Dremel. But you have to be very careful, you certainly won't be able to cut the whole ejector lines with this tool because it's very narrow and there's the risk to bit on the sides.

Once I cannot continue further with the Dremel I made the finitions with an X-acto knife for more precision (but your blade needs to be very sharp cause the pipe is very thick :P). 

Then i use some different grades of sandpaper on the whole things to finish them.

Et voilà, but be sure that it might looks easy when i write it but it was a bit more difficult to do for me.

Edited by The5thHorseman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I found some time between two cover strips, snaps, straps and other kind of stuff to work a little on my DVH blaster. Don't expect major progress, it's only small, almost useless details that had to be done to satisfy my (god damn) perfectionism  :glare: .

First, that little piece located on the bottom of the mag well. I don't even know what is it but it was missing so I added it thanks to a small piece of ABS shaped to fit and some 2 parts epoxy:

12793080804_cd74ba3f00_z.jpg

12792746913_c4e2692be2_z.jpg

And then i fixed the front muzzle/pipe junction again with 2 parts epoxy. A bit harder to do than I expected but now it's done and it looks better than before !

12792643635_ee6d3fb12e_z.jpg

12792741423_466673ebfb_z.jpg

12792638675_613b197bf0_z.jpg

12792684313_be56603070_z.jpg

And a front pic to show the flat area preserved ;)

12793067254_7aedb660a6_z.jpg

Now I really need to do my scope and hengstler rails but when I was hammering the aluminium rail provided it broke (damn I would have done a bad blacksmith :P) !!!

So i have to find a new rail right now...

Edited by The5thHorseman

The rails from the first DVH run from Lou were using 2 or 3mm thick Aluminum, which can be tough to bend and has a tendency to break.

I found the rails I provided with the Euro runs at the local hardware store. They had 1meter aluminum strips, 20mm wide and 1.5mm thick. For the henglstler bracket I got some L shaped aluminum and cut it with a dremel cutter so it ends up shaped like a T with the bottom part bent over at 90%. The best part was since the angle was already made there was no fear of breaking and since it's 1.5mm thick, it doesn't stress out to much when bent and break.

Very cool, creative build!

Just so you know, I tried to watch the video of the tirgger but it just showed a message saying "this video is private."

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last update :glare:, so these last days i decided to tackle some work on that blaster and now my scope rail and counter bracket are finally done ! It was tuff because i have no vise but i'm really proud of the result and i feel like the hardest is now behind me :)

And there's always that self satisfaction of doing things by your own  ;)

12792732883_1f1a88fab0_z.jpg

12792726823_ef806c7853_z.jpg

12792630165_58850a95f6_z.jpg

12792624645_e6878b2ac7_z.jpg

Soon this gun should looks like an E-11 and no longer like a Sterling  :smiley-sw013: !

Edited by The5thHorseman

It's been a while since the last update :glare:, so these last days i decided to tackle some work on that blaster and now my scope rail and counter bracket are finally done ! It was tuff because i have no vise but i'm really proud of the result and i feel like the hardest is now behind me :)

And there's always that self satisfaction of doing things by your own  ;)

f1p4.jpg

ykq4.jpg

9iyg.jpg

33mc.jpg

Soon this gun should looks like an E-11 and no longer like a Sterling  :smiley-sw013: !

Did you use the metal rail that came with the blaster?

P.S. Love the choice of music  :peace: