Troop before the armor?

Hiya, 501 troopers!

So, I'm going to be attending a Hobby Fair and showcasing my Star Wars memorabilia. I'll have a little TV set up, and some games for the kids. While I was there, I thought it would be a cool idea to spread word of the 501st Legion to Star Wars fans in my area, even though I'm not a trooper myself just yet. (Certainly, I'll have my armor by the next fair, which'll be all kinds of fun for the little ones!) There'll be lots of pictures taken, and I would love to share them. So my question is: Since it includes the 501st in some way, is it alright to post pictures of my experience in the 'Field Training Exercises' thread, even though it's not an actual troop and I'm not an actual trooper [yet]?

I'm not sure where else I would put the pictures to share them, and not sure if the admins would consider it appropriate for the forum dedicated to just 501st members. If I can't do it, ah well, there's always next year!

Most garrisons, or even the legion in itself aren't too fond of non members promoting them out of the risk of getting the wrong information spread. So it's not a good idea. If your garrison will be present then you might be able to attend and help out as a supporter for them. But if not, it's best to not try to represent something you aren't a member of yet.

Having a bunch of garrison approved flyers on your table might be alright. Just check with your garrison first.

As for the pictures, feel free to post them either in the Field Training or the NCO section. We don't mind.

Most garrisons, or even the legion in itself aren't too fond of non members promoting them out of the risk of getting the wrong information spread. So it's not a good idea. If your garrison will be present then you might be able to attend and help out as a supporter for them. But if not, it's best to not try to represent something you aren't a member of yet.

Having a bunch of garrison approved flyers on your table might be alright. Just check with your garrison first.

As for the pictures, feel free to post them either in the Field Training or the NCO section. We don't mind.

Ah, I see. Thank you very much for the heads up! I understand why they would be uncomfortable with it. That's why I asked.

I did in fact print out some of the Imperial Cadet activity booklets found on the 501st homepage under Propaganda to hand out to the little kids. Since the Hobby Fair is mainly for older persons showcasing antiques, I thought it would be nice to be the kid friendly section. Are the booklets alright?

Great! I'll post them under the NCO, just in case. Thanks!

Just check with your local garrison what you can say or use so that they know about it and have a say in what you can bring. I have no idea what these booklets are, as these are often localized, but they will likely know.

I received this message from our Legion PR Officer.

Well, seeing as we have them (the Imperial Cadet activity booklets) available for the public to download, I think it's fine as long as she does not present herself as a member or official representative. She should not alter the cadet activity book either. Other than that, thanks for promoting us!

Edited by Tray

I received this message from our Legion PR Officer.

OH no, I would never call myself a member or representative until I officially become one, or alter the booklet. I just want more people on this side of the Chesepeak Bay to know about the 501st, since nearly all members are over in D.C. I'll not claim the booklet as my own, either.

I'm sure it's fine to have the booklets available for the younglings, per the LPRO's note above. You can never have too many - we run out quickly when we have them! It has 501st info and contact info in it, I believe, so without "saying" anything it is clear of its source and helps promote the 501st.