Armor Strapping Kits

Is there a provider out there that can supply the webbing, buckles/snaps, and Velcro in an all in one kit? I'm only asking because I have been having issues trying to find these things at local HD/Lowes or what ever stores. If there was a place that I could get all of these things in a one stop shop I'd rather spend my money once then 10 times.

Thanks

Try a fabric store, like Joann's Fabrics, or Hancock's. that'll be a winner for finding all of that. Though, I found they may not have enough snaps in stock at one time... For those, I found it was cheap to just order from Tandy Leather Factory (or their amazon affiliates).

All that strapping stuff you should be able to find at a fabric store like Joanns: webbing buckles, velcro, thread, belt fabric, foam padding, elastic, snaps, e6000, etc. I only needed Home Depot and Lowes for spray paint and the aluminum bar for my canister.

Hobby Lobby has everything you need over in the sewing section. Their snaps are a bit pricey. I get my snaps from Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100131057?catalogId=10053#.UVRC4xeXR8E). Lowes doesn't carry them.

Keep in mind, you can do everything with velcro. My rig has velcro that has lasted 13 years and still going strong.

As to an answer to your question, no. there is noone who offers a full strapping kit.

The closest we currently have is mr no stripes who offers the original bracket strapping system with the elastics, wire and screws, but nothing for the arms. I have not heard of anyone doing a full snap style strapping kit.

Thanks for all the input. This might be something worth looking into :0Lighten: . Is there a demand for something like this?

Honestly, I don't think so. All the stuff is easily obtainable.

But you can always start an interest thread in the For sale section

Edited by Sonnenschein

I'd have to agree, it's not something you would ever make money on. IF you did setup a kit, it would be more for the sake to get your name out there and to help those in the community starting out.

I do know that when I was starting, if I could have bought a strapping starter kit for a reasonable (read affordable) price, I would have.

True, the person would have to conform to your view of how to strap things up.

I think it wouldn't really be to hard to build up a solid starter kit with all the materials required for building the suit. But then again, we're not trying to take the work away, we're trying to empower new armor owners. So learning where to get all the various parts is a part of the fun :D

After going out on a troop today as a handler I see the point you all are making. There were only 2 TK's but both were completely different in the way they strapped their armor. I have a lot to learn.

• 1 month later...