Redoing my calves

Step 1 - Remove the velcro and as much of the sticky goop as I could get off.

Step 2 - Drill the holes for the hooks.

RTGK22P.jpg

kh5ApaS.jpg

Step 3 - Add elastic

Step 4 - Profit! :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I need to have it done for this weekend's troop, some people have wondered how the hook method will work on my FX shins. I can tell already it's going to need more work, but I wont know exactly what to do until after the troop.

Nothing like last minute fixes right before a troop to test them out. :)

2nd shin done tonight. The glue on the elastic seems to be holding. I'd post pictures but it's pretty much the same as the other side.

A few issues with the length and placement, but nothing too bad. This would probably be much easier to do before the halves were put together.

After Saturday's troop I think the modifications actually worked out well. I do need to adjust the placement on my left side because the straps have too much play and not enough tension to hold.

I didn't feel any poking or pinching and they weren't difficult to put on or take off.

For anyone thinking about doing this, I don't think you need to make the straps as long as I made them. Most of the photos show them much shorter and you could probably get away with them being shorter.