Short Armor

HI all, I recently got in touch with Mark from AP armor. And is willing to sell me a set of armor, but not sure if it will be worth it since I am a short guy. I am worried if the armor will look good or not, I am wondering if they are any short stormtroopers out there? or ladies maybe who has this problem of not being a normal stormtrooper lol

Hi Desmond,

My wife Kathy (Ciderqueen) and myself are both 5ft 4in and wear AP armour which we have built to EIB standard. I have included a link for my EIB build so you can decide for yourself if you think it looks good.

Ā 

http://www.whitearmo...Status[AP][276]

Ā 

Ian

Kathy was the first female UKG EIB so here is her build thread as well for you to view.

Ā 

Ā 

TK-6348 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status[AP][274]

Ā 

Cheers

Edited by nai-retep

Hi Nai-retep you looked great in your stormtrooper outfit, I am a bit smaller then you about 5'2" but but not too much of a difference. I was curious though did you guys have to trim your armor yourself or did u have ot custom made because people dont understand a normal size like 5'10" stormtrooper is no where near the same size in body mass and height compared to you and me.

Its pretty much scaling the torso and helmet, as to avoid the "bobblehead" effect. My helmet is smaller than most cuz I have AM armor so I had a LOT of material left for cover strips though i'm screen height, so I couldn't use the big helmet, if that makes sense..

Hi Nai-retep you looked great in your stormtrooper outfit, I am a bit smaller then you about 5'2" but but not too much of a difference. I was curious though did you guys have to trim your armor yourself or did u have ot custom made because people dont understand a normal size like 5'10" stormtrooper is no where near the same size in body mass and height compared to you and me.

Hi,

We did trim our armour ourselves and in my opinion that is the only way for it to fit correctly for a smaller trooper. For example, we are both the same height but different body shapes. AP is a good choice for the shorter trooper. On my armour I only had to to trim the forearms, thighs and shins. Kathy being a girl also had to split the Ab plate and cod piece in order for it fit correctly. Another good thing about AP is the size of the helmet. My previous armour had a huge helmet which did make me look a bit of a bobble head. The AP helmet is much more in proportion and was especially necessary for Kathy who has a much smaller head than me! :)

Edited by nai-retep

Have you guys ever thought of wearing shoe lifts in your boots? Slighty off topic but it makes you look taller, I'm 5'6

And I wear 2.5 inch shoe lifts in my boots and it makes me look close to 5'9 in full armor:) Its a big help for us short trooper.

Ya I hear you Nai-retep, Although I hear the AP armor Mark does trimming for it would you not suggest that?

Ā 

Well I would recommend getting a fully trimmed AP kit as that is what we had but personally not a 'ready to wear' kit (he also supplies this). It costs more and takes a lot longer to arrive but more than that you can't beat building it yourself for that personalised look and fit! In my opinion a 'ready to wear' kit can never be as good as one you do yourself (especially if you are shorter than average). I was originally going to go down the 'ready to wear' AP route but was glad I didn't. I think you can't beat being able to use 'trial and error' yourself until you get it just right! :)

Edited by nai-retep