FX vs AM vs "new AM"

As I finish up my AM build I see some old FX kits and wonder what are the differences? I'm not as keen eyed as some of you with the details but the AM looks more proportional, and the torso is wider, but I can't be sure. Anyone had both kits?

Second, what's the news with the "new AM" kit? last I knew the molds were being finished and I never got to see any pictures cuz the link was deleted. What has changed since the AM?

Edited by DizzyStormtrooper

• 2 weeks later...

So I learned the "new am" is now referred as NE. And after reading about it on MEPD, holy rebellion! Recast discussions about it being from RS oh boy. Firstly after seeing those pics, either its recast and cleaned up or they're really trying to be as screen accurate as possible and its working. I for one don't think NE is RS derived. at least not all the way, the shoulders and biceps look alike, and the back is a little off but the chest has slight differences that RS didn't have.

I like the AM because its sharp, angular, has an essence of "idealized" stormtrooper armor. It was symmetrical and not like the wonkyness of the screen suits. It looked like how a "real" stormtrooper would be IMO. But I don't like where the NE is going. All that should've been changed was the helmet, chest, back, and hand plates cuz they were too big for most hands :P

but I digress. The point of this thread was the differences so without further ado, the hand plates are smaller, the bottom of the chest is no longer deep on the sides, the back is more accurate, and the helmet is much better now. No updates yet or clarity to if pieces are in fact recast, but thank the force the molds for the old helmet are long gone!

I DO NOT believe that NE is RS derived. Ward is a stand up guy and beyond reproach within his Garrison. ALL original screen used/made armor was made on the same molds so it stands to reason that a genuine attempt, by a talented sculptor, at replicating that armor could or would result in similar looks. However the NE armor is sized larger in scale overall, like the AM, while having the accuracy us bigger guys desire. I will proudly wear the NE once it is available.

Just my 2¢

I ordered my "new AM" or NE a few weeks back and I recieved this link with the reply concerning the changes and order details and such. I don't know if it is necessarily relevant at this point and I have yet to develop the eye any of you have for recast calls and such but I've been searching for a thread regarding the "new AM" (NE).

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Wow thanks for the link! I've only seen a handful of these from the mepd discussion but hopefully this clears up some confusion, doesn't look like recast to me! I love my AM and I'd also wear an NE, save for if the helmet didn't look to big on my frame :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ward said it will be a little while before they do a run of black, and longer than that before red, but they are in the plans. I should receive my package Wednesday Afternoon, so look for my build thread then!