Newbie Requesting For Help! Armor Choices & Decisions

I am currently researching on armors to buy/modify... Have stumbled upon whitearmor.net which had saved me from my almost blunder purchase with jedi-robes.com today. I have so far came across and contacted a few armor creaters like AP, ATA,CFO, RS propmasters and AM... I have received most of their prices, I am inclined to make my purchase with CFO for a TK ROTJ full armor, and helmet kit... However I am stuck with the decisions of whether to get kits from SDS instead... It's a heavy investment... But it has always been my childhood dream.... I hope that you guys could lend me a hand and advise me on what should I do....

I am 5ft10 177cm in height and have a normal body shape weighing in at 72kg. Hope you guys could offer me some advise please... :)

p.s. - have printed tons of thread topics... But its all for the best. Never been as hardworking when i was doing research papers back then.

Agreed with the above!

CFO (Cast From Original) is the only ROTJ suit maker who is 'certified' here as ROTJ armor.

The SDS armor isn't really detailed as the movie suits were, once you get into the hobby and are able to see the subtle differences, it will be come apparent.

A maker you haven't listed there is Troopermaster, he is based out of the UK and makes one of the best accurate ANH suits on the market.

All of the makers you listed with the exception of SDS would be good suits for all different budgets.

Really it is down to how much you want to spend on accuracy, what your body type/size is and how long you want to wait! Some of the manufacturers have a long waiting list, some don't.

You've already made the most important first steps into the hobby, we look forward to seeing you around!

I really want to thank everybody for your kind advices... This has got to be the best forum filled with amazing and respectable people ever... :)

Could i just ask if there's a way to order from TM, as i read up that sale is via sales thread. Was kind of lost there...

I was wondering if i were to purchase a non assembled and trimmed kit, which would be cheaper. Would there be a lot of missing parts and accessories i would need to sort after and tough to piece together? cause i managed to contact TK boots and have been trying to find sources for screen accurate blaster holsters, blaster(which would be the biggest challenge, as i need to write in to gain clearance for bringing in weapons related items into singapore) and black neck seal.... I was also wondering if the inner suit, body hugging type for e.g. nike tights? would that be reccomended? Or what are the norms you guys would get under those fantastic suits!

Cheerio :)

Edited by kenny_lim

I really want to thank everybody for your kind advices... This has got to be the best forum filled with amazing and respectable people ever... :)

Could i just ask if there's a way to order from TM, as i read up that sale is via sales thread. Was kind of lost there...

I was wondering if i were to purchase a non assembled and trimmed kit, which would be cheaper. Would there be a lot of missing parts and accessories i would need to sort after and tough to piece together? cause i managed to contact TK boots and have been trying to find sources for screen accurate blaster holsters, blaster(which would be the biggest challenge, as i need to write in to gain clearance for bringing in weapons related items into singapore) and black neck seal.... I was also wondering if the inner suit, body hugging type for e.g. nike tights? would that be reccomended? Or what are the norms you guys would get under those fantastic suits!

Cheerio :)

Send TM a pm. He's a member here. The other parts you can find here on the forum, like holsters and belts. TKboots are good boots so stick with those.

For the undersuit there are some purpose-sold ones, but I'm was using a normal "nike-ish" 2-piece for the longest time. Just make sure it's really tight and have no branding visible when dressed in the armour.

Kenny,

check out this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20869-combined-on-going-accessories-listing/

Basically all of the extra parts you can find on there from vendors here who can get you what you need.

TM is troopermaster and can be found here on the FISD via a private message to the same name.

If you buy a kit, the things you need additional are the boots, neck seal, holster, cloth belt , under suit, gloves, blaster and the strapping for connecting the suit.

I know troopermaster sometimes will sell assembled kits with everything included (minus the undersuit I think).

The first stop is sending him a PM and seeing what he can do for you.

blasters and holsters are available here in the for sale section, and if you look there are pre-made ones and kits

darthvoorhees is working on resin parts, there are parts sellers in england... ton's of sources!

I have Cfo, it's a hell of a suit. I'm 6 foot and muscular so I had to widen my thighs, shins and biceps but other than that, the whole thing fit my height perfectly and is worth every penny.

They supply everything (inc. gloves, but I actually replaced these as they were too big for me) except: boots, suit, balaclava (if you want it), voice changer, holster and gun. Now, something to be aware of is that if you want a screen accurate rotj E-11, it's NOT EASY. There's not one you can buy, like doopydoos for ANH. I've finally got mine after 6 months and I'm scratch building another.

Edited by kaa1304

Hi guys, I was speaking to one of the Singapore troopers... And he was sharing to me about the brotherhood you guys share. I am just thrilled at the thought of being part of this amazing international family!

Thank you all for your advises... I shall now make a decision from your amazing advises.

Just a newbie question... But I was just wondering what were the problems anyone faced with SDS? They seem authentic! Hmm...

Just a newbie question... But I was just wondering what were the problems anyone faced with SDS? They seem authentic! Hmm...

They aren't. Plain and simple.

There are several threads about SDS and his validity or lack thereof...

It jsut comes down to if you compare SDS armor side by side with the screenshots and photos of the actual screen used armor, it is not the same, there are some pretty glaring differences. After a while on the forums and after you make your first suit, you'll be able to spot them as well.