One of those days...

Kessel Run

Today was one of those days. I go to Michaels to buy a paint brush, and the lady in front of me at the only check out line buys $40 worth of frames, and pays with nickles and quarters. one of my kids knocked my helmet off the table and it lands on one of the ears resulting on a large crack, one of my $40 salt water fish went belly up. and I am getting the feeling I have no idea what im doing with my armor lol. all and all I think i will leave it all alone till tomorrow, when maybe I will have a fresh outlook. anyone else ever hit a low point in their build, or is it just me?

Edited by spector254

Let's just call this "Perspective inducing juice" drink... wait 12-24 hours and all will be revealed.

laphroaig-25-year.jpg

60% of the time, it works every time.

-Eric

or is it just me?

Day one, put one of my big feet on my tube of e6000, split the nozel lucky I taped it right away and it was ok. Next went to trim the teeth on lid, slipped with dremel and gouged out my thumb, bled over the helmet, went to get some cleaner knocked over my drink, had to clean that up too, while cleaing got some liquid in the gouge on my thumb and stung like hell.

Brother you aint alone, deep breaths and if all esle fails, step back and have a nice stiff drink, for me beam works wonders. Keep you chin up it gets easier, good luck :duim:

The available choices here in Sweden are somewhat limited since I'm at the mercy of what the state owned liqueur store chooses to import. Of course I can order other things through them as well, but that's a hassle I'm not going to bother with. But they are quite good at finding the good stuff.

I was recommended a glenmorangie astar, still looking for it in a shop, but I'll prob have to order it I imagine.

That one was not available here either, so I'll miss out on that too it seems.

Well, not that we wanted to condone drinking to excess, but drinking a good vintage is sometimes exactly what you need.

What was it besides a good nights sleep that got you back into the right frame of mind?

Just a few hours away from the build, and not beating myself up over the little things that i dont think are gonna pass muster. I realize that the screen worn armor was beat up, and basicly looked like crap if you were standing next to it. But I have a tendency to find every little flaw and turn it into a huge thing when im building something. So take a break and sometimes it dosent look as bad as I thought at first glance.