Spector's First TK Build

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take off the return on those rivet covers as well to make them sit more flush with the belt. They are protruding a bit much as is. Most people seem to put them on like yours are, so I don't blame you for following their trimming, but they would be wrong. As you can see in the pictures, they are really flat on the originals.

Well now that has been pointed out I can't NOT notice my rivet covers on my belt. Looks like I know what I am doing tomorrow now. Thanks a lot Mathias ;)

Ā 

Sam, keep up the patient pursuit towards the end game bro! Welcome to the linebacker trooper club. The best part is you can always find yourself in group shots!

linebacker_zpsb0849172.jpg

! Welcome to the linebacker trooper club. The best part is you can always find yourself in group shots!

maybe I should have made the pilot first, black is thinning, and layers help too. lol but seriously I really want to do a pilot I love the helmet.

Well now that has been pointed out I can't NOT notice my rivet covers on my belt. Looks like I know what I am doing tomorrow now. Thanks a lot Mathias ;)

Well, If you have an AM belt things are a bit different since they have recesses for the covers. But I haven't seen anyone trim their AM rivet covers despite that, so maybe it will look better on you guys as well.

Give me a few hours and I'll update my original build thread with what I come up with. I don't want to hijack Sam's thread.

Ā 

Sam, building my TK gave me confidence that I could build just about anything afterwards. The feedback and support the FISD members give one another is amazing. And stormtroopers are in way higher demand than Tie Pilots at events. Everyone asks for stormtroopers!

Ā 

Keep on moving forward brother and keep posting pics with your questions. We are here to help ya. Good luck

gonna finnish this TK first but want to add other costumes to my collection later. Including Pilot. Her is how the Lid sits as of right now, not very happy with it, going to redo it in the near future.

Ā 

helm5_zps35411e3d.jpg

helm6_zpse6247d33.jpg

helm7_zps4bf340c9.jpg

Just a couple of things I would try to modify, try to pull up your thighs a bit, will give you a bit of clearance at your knees. Also your shoulder traps should have more ridges attched to the chest plate. Other than those couple of things you are looking good, should be some approval picks being sent soon :D

Those darned thighs! might be coming apart again. I WILL get the right someday! the shoulder traps are not going to be a problem they were just tacked on so i will make the adjustment. shoulder bells are an issue im working on, trying all sorts of strapping to get them to stay forward. the biceps dig into my arm at both ends. they end about an inch above the black strap from the bells but the strap (you cant see) covers it up. neext wil be the clamshell closure for the ab and to try to keep the back plate in place, difficult when you cant see whats going on back there, as im sure you all know. thanks for the advice Glen I will get back to work and let you know.

I have my thighs with about an inch of a gap and the shoulder straps there should be the large section then 4 of the small ridges. Some armors you can't do that because it just doensn't sit that way, ATA I could only but one large and two small. Keep going Sam you are nearly there

Final adjustments are a pain, I had problems with my shoulder bells rotating back when ever i moved my arms, repositioned the snaps and now fixed :)

another test fitting.

Ā 

top1_zps31bbb480.jpg

ab still needs to come up a little I think

Ā 

front1a_zps90259e86.jpg

thighs still need to come up a tad more.

Ā 

back1a_zps816072b4.jpg

still working on bell strapping and new TD clips are on the way. these are temporary Mathias.

Edited by Darkshadow

Yep think you pretty much know what to do, just make sure when you take your approval pic's that everything is where it should be and sitting right and also make sure you close your claves fully LOL, big gap there, or glue a strip of abs at the back on one side so it looks closed :duim:

yeah. the shins are fully closed lol im workig on that engineering problem right now really bad when I cant see back there. its worst at the top where the cover strip dosent go high enough. I have a few ideas but gonna be some trial and error to get it just right. my wife is taking the pics, so Im trying to educate her has to how it is supposed to look at the same time, shes getting pretty good but not there just yet. I have her look at my sideshow tk figure and here for reference lol my camera batteries died before i could shoot better pics and I didnt want to run to the store at 10pm for new ones.

Edited by Spector