RS Torso fitting problem

My torso is not lining up right at the sides ,the kidney plate is sitting up above the ab plate about an inch on both sides and my but plate is also not sitting right either.

I think lengthening the straps between the back and kidney plate would fix this, but it would create a noticeable gap between them.

My hight is 180cm and weight 92kgs

guMlHSq.jpg17IaDVn.jpg

From the back looks fine and I really dont want a gap here.The butt plate not sitting right and needs adjusting also.

uXuXFOb.jpg

Are your left hand side ab kidney split rivets functional or there for decoration?

If the rivets were part of your torso clamshell then they would line up.

If they lined up, then your butt plate would sit lower.

I can't see how the ab kidney could possibly be connected with that much of a difference in height.

You could try making the straps between your back plate and chest plate 1 inch longer then.

This will lower your back plate,

Then the rear kidney will go down,

Then the butt plate would go down.

All without creating a backplate to kidney plate gap.

However it would also look ok to have an inch gap between the bottom of your back plate and kidney plate.

Alternatively.

You could add 1cm or so to each separate strap and thus lower your rear kidney without any significant gap showing by spreading the stretch.

Do you get me?

I am 6"1' and my rs does the same. I lengthened the back to kidney straps untill it lined up but it is a large gap.

The rs buttplate is flattened from the real suit being stored on its back for so long. I heated it and curved it a bit for a better contour.

I think its netter to have a smaller back gap and the ab a bit higher than the large back gap but that may be me.

if you look closely at screencaps you can see this fitting situation on several troopers.

when you look at the belt line you can see how it tilts upwards in back, and looks like

the belt is attached to the kidney plate at the rear.

some troops have flare at the buttplate and some have a gap between the back and kidney...

I am 6"1' and my rs does the same. I lengthened the back to kidney straps untill it lined up but it is a large gap.

The rs buttplate is flattened from the real suit being stored on its back for so long. I heated it and curved it a bit for a better contour.

I think its netter to have a smaller back gap and the ab a bit higher than the large back gap but that may be me.

the kidney plate might be set too high up. when I look at your sides I always thought the top of the kidney should line up with

the abdomen plate top?

and when you look closely the notch should be below the belt or close to it.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

On 1/16/2013 at 6:06 AM, LadyInWhite said:

Your butt plate looks ok to me.

On 1/16/2013 at 6:14 AM, FunkyTrigger said:

You could try making the straps between your back plate and chest plate 1 inch longer then.

This will lower your back plate,

Then the rear kidney will go down,

Then the butt plate would go down.

All without creating a backplate to kidney plate gap.

However it would also look ok to have an inch gap between the bottom of your back plate and kidney plate.

Alternatively.

You could add 1cm or so to each separate strap and thus lower your rear kidney without any significant gap showing by spreading the stretch.

Do you get me?

Yeah I get you, though the shoulder straps are already pushed to there limits so I will be adding some lenght to the straps between the back and kidney.

On 1/16/2013 at 6:56 AM, rhapsodyred99 said:

I seen your centourion request photos Dave, thats what gave me the idea that I need to lengthen the back n kidney straps.

No room to raise the ab plate unfortunately.

On 1/16/2013 at 10:26 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

if you look closely at screencaps you can see this fitting situation on several troopers.

when you look at the belt line you can see how it tilts upwards in back, and looks like

the belt is attached to the kidney plate at the rear.

some troops have flare at the buttplate and some have a gap between the back and kidney...

the kidney plate might be set too high up. when I look at your sides I always thought the top of the kidney should line up with

the abdomen plate top?

and when you look closely the notch should be below the belt or close to it.

I did notice the fitting situation on some of the troopers and even Lukes, but not to this extreme.

So maybe I can find a happy medium.

Luke's TK.

r9cJY2f.jpg

the kidney looks to be mounted a bit high? troopermaster needs to chime in here!

screencap shows no detail?

paul! tell us!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

So did you just force the ab level then belt really tight? What keeps it from going back up again?

I have tried doing that myself but the ab always pops back up when I move.

I may have to try again with a really cinched up belt.