Question regarding crl / eib belt width

kaa1304

Hey there

Looking at my suit for EIB status and wanted to be clear on this CRL point:

Belt shall be between 2.25" (57mm) and 2.5" (64mm) wide, not 3"(90mm) as in ANH/ESB.

I assume (should never assume!) that refers to the material part of the belt only?

Yes, yes, it's an amusing mental image of me trimming down the hard bits but better to be safe..

thanks

Assumed correctly you have, just the material part of the belt. Never hurts to ask, there are never any mistake questions, only mistakes made by not asking LOL

One of the many odd, but interesting differences between ROTJ & the rest. :) Mark (CFO) was kind enough to give me some belt material to use, and I still had to trim down the width a little bit to meet the CRL measurements. I think finding that exact material at that width is almost impossible anymore.

Also, it's not entirely 100% perfect. On a 5'0" trooper a 2.5" belt looks different than on a 6'5" trooper. Just as at times we need to fudge the exact width for large officers (else it looks silly), I can imagine that we may have to make some exceptions for the very short or very tall trooper to make it look right.

But yeah, for about 95% of troopers it's 2.5" for ROTJ TK's.