Search Problems

Aosen

When I try to use the search bar for ATA tutorials, a page comes up that says "No results found for ATA." Am I doing it wrong? It will work for things like "Arms", but I would like to narrow it down a little. Thanks

I have never tried searching just ATA as normally I just go straight to the build threads. Just tried and if you type ata build it comes up but not just ata, one of those forum querks I suppose.

The forum search sucks bantha balls.

It seems that three letter searches don't really work. I will convene with the Swede on this matter.

-Eric

Yeah same happened to me a couple of times yesterday.. After closing and opening the browser it turned back to normal.... I have no idea if that was actually the reason it went back to normal (can't imagine it is but who knows) but something doesn't seem quite right indeed :S

I entered Meguiar's and Novus today at several forum levels for the search and came up with no results. The same thing always happened when I tried RT-Mod but I just figured it didn't like the hyphen. FWIW.

Searching for novus yields plenty of results for me. Make sure that the little grey box next to the text field shows "Forums" so that the search made in the right area. Sometimes it changes to topic to search the topic you're reading in.

I feel (emotionally) that this occurred the last time the thing was enabled... My theory is that during the time when the cron thing is running stuff happens and results get messed up... then it goes back to normal.

-Eric

I have another odd problem. When I go to View New Content, first I get the new members page then I search again and it takes me to new content, just a bit weird.

I feel (emotionally) that this occurred the last time the thing was enabled... My theory is that during the time when the cron thing is running stuff happens and results get messed up... then it goes back to normal.

-Eric

Do you want to lower the frequency it's being run at?

Not even sure that's the issue. Maybe I'll try to search when I know it's running before we change its periodicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

That happens to me periodically too. One day it's fine the next I get no results no matter what I put in. That happens both when I use it through a browser and through the phone app.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

sonnenscheinsearchfunct.jpg

I'm pretty sure there are several threads about "latex" ;)

Make sure that the correct section is marked for search by pressing the "forums" button next to the search box. It looks like you're doing it right, but I often fail with that when I search and have to remind myself to change it. Here's my search on latex made a few minutes ago.

Screenshot from 2013-03-06 16:44:19.png