ATA anh stunt helmet...finally started!

In a word WOW, very nicely done, would love to have non shakey hands again LOL :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Nice work! :)

Looks great!

Great :duim:

Thank you all!! Now that I'm approaching final assembly I have a few questions...

1. I used a template I found on the forum for the original style padding but what can I use for chin straps?

2. I'm considering keeping the screws and nuts instead of rivets to hold the two halves together, I like the idea of being

able to disassemble the helmet if needed (for electronics/mods/repairs/the unknown)...any opinions/experience on that?

3. Any favorites/preferences on fans for the helmet?

Thanks in advance. The ability to refer to all previous builds and how to's has proven invaluable! I still have months to go

before I get my armor (putting it together correctly seems overwhelming!) so I'm trying to get as ready for that as possible.

I want to go centurion...so hopefully the helmet at least is on the right track for that.

Thanks again, you guys rock!

Edited by coffintanker

1. Don't laugh I used some webbing and clips from a dop collar, woof lol. The foam I cut slightly larger than the template and it holds by itself as the ridge and screw seem to hold it.

2. Screws will work fine to hold it together, you can to make sure they don't come loose just put a little drop of superglue on the thread, you can still remove the nuts later.

3. I have a couple of computer fans in my lid connected to 2 9 volt batteries and a switch next to my cheek, I have these mounted to the mic screws

Keep up the good work :duim:

1. Don't laugh I used some webbing and clips from a dop collar, woof lol. The foam I cut slightly larger than the template and it holds by itself as the ridge and screw seem to hold it.

2. Screws will work fine to hold it together, you can to make sure they don't come loose just put a little drop of superglue on the thread, you can still remove the nuts later.

3. I have a couple of computer fans in my lid connected to 2 9 volt batteries and a switch next to my cheek, I have these mounted to the mic screws

Keep up the good work :duim:

Thanks for the info Glen. I've actually refered to your builds and centurion request quite a bit throughout this process!

I like the feel and quality of the ATA lid and can't wait for the armor...

Apart from the painting it's like watching my own build lol. Glad my threads are off help, it's nice to give back for all the work others have posted before. Hope you don't go to insane with the wait, just try and get all the things you will need for your build for when the armor arrives. Oh there are blasters to build too, I got a bit carried away lol. Keep up the good work

Edited by gmrhodes13

Apart from the painting it's like watching my own build lol. Glad my threads are off help, it's nice to give back for all the work others have posted before. Hope you don't go to insane with the wait, just try and get all the things you will need for your build for when the armor arrives. Oh there are blasters to build too, I got a bit carried away lol. Keep up the good work

Thanks. Yeah, I just gotta stay busy. Still want to figure out some electronics for the helmet too.

Blasters...setting my sights on blasters next. Don't want to think about the wait...wait...wait........

Thanks. Yeah, I just gotta stay busy. Still want to figure out some electronics for the helmet too.

Blasters...setting my sights on blasters next. Don't want to think about the wait...wait...wait........

Don't worry too much about helmet fans. Maybe you live in a much hotter area than me, but I have never needed them. I suggest you try at least one troop without them before you spend time and money on something you might not need.

Don't worry too much about helmet fans. Maybe you live in a much hotter area than me, but I have never needed them. I suggest you try at least one troop without them before you spend time and money on something you might not need.

Well, I live in S. Florida...high humidity and heat. My concern would be the lens fogging without them.

Any suggestions/opinions on voice amplification/static systems?

Well, I live in S. Florida...high humidity and heat. My concern would be the lens fogging without them.

Any suggestions/opinions on voice amplification/static systems?

In that case yes, you might need them. Another thing that helps against fogging is to make sure the lenses are not sealed around the eyes, so warm air can flow out from gaps.

As for the amp/static I guess you've heard of icomm and aker amp. Personally I use rom/fx which is a bit more expensive and harder to come by because of the limited runs, but it's both an amp and static box and overall just the best thing out there.

I have read where people have mentioned those brands (icomm and aker) but I haven't fully researched them yet. How expensive is rom/fx? Does it all fit in the helmet or do you where the amp in the chest plate?

I do have a few small gaps around the lens so I guess I'll see...won't be long till I have an answer on that, once it starts to warm up.

The rom/fx "classic" is £115 plus shipping but comes with all you need. It's small enough to easily fit in your helmet, but the included speaker will not. I wear both behind my chest plate with great results. It is not as loud as the aker can get, but there is nothing stopping you from connecting the romfx into an aker for the extra boost. You can read more at www.romfx.com. The Icomm/aker combo has a separate thread here on the forum for more info: http://www.whitearmo...n-system-icomm/

I took up Ingrid's info and ordered a dual squirrel fan setup with 4 2xAA packs from Allelectronics.com.

I distributed the weight of the AA packs at the front/back to weigh down the helmet just enough to feel like a real lid. The low voltage it keeps you cool and the 6V are much quieter and last longer than a 9V.

Check out her electronics doc here:

https://docs.google....cLebRS9xSg/edit

Edited by 8BitBry

The rom/fx "classic" is £115 plus shipping but comes with all you need. It's small enough to easily fit in your helmet, but the included speaker will not. I wear both behind my chest plate with great results. It is not as loud as the aker can get, but there is nothing stopping you from connecting the romfx into an aker for the extra boost. You can read more at www.romfx.com. The Icomm/aker combo has a separate thread here on the forum for more info: http://www.whitearmo...n-system-icomm/

I took up Ingrid's info and ordered a dual squirrel fan setup with 4 2xAA packs from Allelectronics.com.

I distributed the weight of the AA packs at the front/back to weigh down the helmet just enough to feel like a real lid. The low voltage it keeps you cool and the 6V are much quieter and last longer than a 9V.

Check out her electronics doc here:

https://docs.google....cLebRS9xSg/edit

Awesome! Thanks for the info...I'll look into all of it!