EIB (Expert Infantryman Blaster)

Ok, so I cant apply for my badge yet 'cause my Garrison are being painful slow in clearing me (they took 2 weeks just to tell me my pictures weren't big enough, now a week into my second attempt) So In the mean time thought I'd best make sure my blaster is up to scratch, so here it is:

20121211_221854.jpg

20121211_221917.jpg

20121211_221938.jpg

20121211_221949.jpg

20121211_222000.jpg

What d'you all think?

(need to bronze the scope for screen accurate weathering and sort out the lenses, but other than that)

Jamie

Why have you weathered the T-tracks? They are supposed to be made of black plastic(or rubber, depending on who you ask).

Otherwise nice build :)

Edited by Arnie_DK

overall it's a well done piece...

some weathering suggestions:

scope: brass, lightly weathered, with some 'transparent' areas of black and small edging showing brass

hengstler counter: front section is brass, weathered, but the front clip is black plastic, and the tips (if they were there would be aluminum) rear is grey or tan plastic.

grip with trigger group: grip itself is glossy black plastic. no silver should be present.

T Tracks: black plastic only. no texture or wear should show.

body of gun should show only slight wear and be gunmetal/pewter, areas of slight wear and rust showing only very little.

overall texture of the body of the blaster should be attempting to simulate zinc phosphate parkerized finish painted flat black.

areas of wear in the paint can show layers of different blacks, down to the gunmetal. a layer of primerlike rust can be used

around minimal wear to simulate layers of wear.

Depends on how accurate you want to be, for me I would say go with it and well done trooper. Good luck with approval

Looks good to me. Vern has good weathering tips. If you choose to do so you'll have an even better looking blaster.

Seems to be a doopy build no?

-Eric

• 3 months later...