Chuy's Children Giving to Children Parade 2012

boomshakra

It's time for one of Central Texas Squad/Star Garrison's favorite events - The Chuy's Parade! Every year Chuy's Tex-Mex (to die for...teh yummeh...) Restaurants hosts the parade to benefit Operation Blue Santa, collecting toys to be distributed to families in need so their kiddos have a Merry Christmas. This was my first time Trooping this event, although I have volunteered several times over the years, even marching as Darth Vader (Rubies armor, I think...was years before my 501st days) one year. (all photo credits Rob Tuckfield)

Edit: While we were staging, a gentleman from a bagpipe group walked up to us and broke into the Star Wars theme song! It was EPIC!!! Unfortunately, the only documentation we have is a cell phone video (the last 16 seconds)...while it is on Facebook, you'd have to be friends with my Squad-mate (or me) to view it...

attention_1.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

RT-Mod armor - you'll love the way it fits. I guarantee it!

iguaranteeit.jpg

Can I get an amen?!

Thanks for sharing these pictures. When you tell a good story with photos it ends up meaning a ton to those of us who are way far from the rest of our fellow troopers.

Aloha,

-Eric

Very awesome! Makes me want it to be weekend already for our own little parade here :D

those of us who are way far from the rest of our fellow troopers.

Speaking of which, are you coming over for any of the troops this month?

Very awesome! Makes me want it to be weekend already for our own little parade here :D

Speaking of which, are you coming over for any of the troops this month?

No can <big sadface> :(

-Eric

Can I get an amen?!

Thanks for sharing these pictures. When you tell a good story with photos it ends up meaning a ton to those of us who are way far from the rest of our fellow troopers.

Aloha,

-Eric

I'm glad you enjoyed it and take that as a compliment - I try to weave a good story to go along with the pictures. The hard part is sorting through almost 400 of them and trying to cover all of the different armor/characters from our troops, especially a joint one with the Rebel Legion, Mandolorian Mercs, and Jedi. I'd post fewer pictures of myself, but i'm just so darn photogenic :). Our squad is fortunate to have several different photographers join us for events!

One last note and pic - Our Squad and the Legion lost a member earlier this year, Chris Lewis, BH-3836. We honored him Saturday by wearing the decal below on our armor.

sorry for the crappy picture - at the bottom it says "Forever With Us" in Aurebesh :)

IMG_20121203_223837.jpg

Edited by boomshakra