Hero Grappling Box

Has anyone dimensions for Lukes grappling box or has anyone been making these recently. I have found pictures of the grappling hook and it seems quite easy to make. I am thinking of making two versions of my armor and I am just looking for some hero parts at the moment.

I see vac trooper has made them in the past but I can't contact him and he still owes me a mouse droid shell which I ordered months ago.

I made one for Steve SW1 recently. The box is the same height as your ammo belt if you want to have a go at making one.

Very nice, did you vac form it, I don't have tooling for that, would you be interestead in making more, there seems to be people around that want them and nobody seems to be making them currently. I could try to make one but it would have straight edges and I like the curved look on the vac formed ones.

I could try to make one but it would have straight edges and I like the curved look on the vac formed ones.

Make it out of a thick plastic, 3/16" - 1/4". If you don't have anything that thich, sand and glue two sheets together to make it 2 ply. Then build the box and sand the sdges until they are round and match your armor. For the inside curve at the bottom, were the box meets the flat section that attaches to the belt, fill the seam with a white sculpting putty, (you could use Bondo as well), smooth it to the desired curve, and let it dry before hitting it with a coat of paint to finish it off. You could make your own for less them a $1 if you have any supplies from other project laying around.

Hope that helps.

Make it out of a thick plastic, 3/16" - 1/4". If you don't have anything that thich, sand and glue two sheets together to make it 2 ply. Then build the box and sand the sdges until they are round and match your armor. For the inside curve at the bottom, were the box meets the flat section that attaches to the belt, fill the seam with a white sculpting putty, (you could use Bondo as well), smooth it to the desired curve, and let it dry before hitting it with a coat of paint to finish it off. You could make your own for less them a $1 if you have any supplies from other project laying around.

Hope that helps.

But a five minute job for someone who vacum forms. Just went the hard way with a DLT-19 all hand made, thought with the amount of Hero's out there that grappling boxes would be a common thing. I will build one if I can't find it, but the question was does anyone out there make them or have the dimensions.

I would ask troopermaster to make you one! that's the best path right now!

it's like a box with a strip, and a rivet and washer, with a switch, and a keyring

holder.

not much to it, if you vac form.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392