RT Mod ANH build for Greg

This big slacker (me) finally got some more work done. I'm now glueing the chest to the ab with nylon straps because the test fitting showed some puffed up chest action on Greg. And, we can't have that! :)

I see from these pics, I'll still need to re-do the right shoulder bridge. It's not lining up in the back. I think the left thigh will need lowered, too. Also, I only have the hanging battery packs taped on. The left one looks like crap.

Ok, what do you think of all the black showing? Please give feedback, if you see something. We will try for EIB, and maaaaybe Centurion way down the road. :)

DSC_0022-1_zps181cb5f7.jpg

DSC_0026-1_zps226cac9b.jpg

Knees...

DSC_0027-1_zps7d0687b0.jpg

DSC_0028-1_zpse7e3f179.jpg

see the chest... I'm getting that fixes. He's being choked [like Wayne Brady and his women.] It's from Chappell show.. sorry :(

DSC_0029-1_zpse47df7f9.jpg

droopy butt - sort of...

DSC_0030-1_zps7d5f6331.jpg

DSC_0031-1_zpsa418c4f4.jpg

Edited by jnnfr72

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great! That chest strap will be a big deal, since the back is fully strapped, it's gonna chokka bit@$, just like you said. It may be to late, but it looks like the holster is a bit far back, how close is the first snap to the ABS portion?

Don't forget to strap the forearms to the biceps to bring them up as close as possible to the elbow joint.

Also, try to get the biceps down a bit more as well, they are pretty sucked up in there. You could come down around an inch, inch and a half and still be good from looking at the picture.

LAST! shorten the straps on the shoulderbells to the shoulder bridges, they are sitting pretty far out, both of them.

Oh, a trick you might want to do, if you take the snap plate inside teh shoulder bell and instead of gluing it in the ridge where it looks to be, bring it forward about an inch, this will help to close the gap between the bell and chest by stopping the rear rotation.

Yes! I will work on those things, and I noticed I had his belt on crooked... it was not centered.... OOPS! I should have more pics tomorrow and hopefully can get my GML or whatever we call him to look over his armor for 501st approvel. :) Thanks for the advice, D!

I didn't mean to lay it on so much, but they were things I saw. You're doing a great job getting it together, I'm sure you can get approval right away, the rest are tweaks to make it more comfortable, sharper looking and to have a look he can run into centurion with!

Looking good Jenny, most has been mentioned, just think you need a bit of adjusting, keep up the good work

Okey... looks like he's having some classic RT-MOD fitting problems that everyone has.

Obviously the chest needs to come down.... but more importantly the torso also needs to come up. I hate to say it... but his an impolite person is sagging. That's an indication that the whole torso (cod/ab and butt/kidney/back) sits too low. 90% of all RT builds come out this way.

I actually had to eventually lengthen my shoulder elastic and do two things: 1) Shorten the heck out of my ab/chest elastic B) bring the back way the hell up. When the back comes up the rest of the torso will come with it. Try just shortening the chest/ab elastic first to see if the torso comes up before you do anything with the shoulder elastic.

I am forever pulling my whole torso up to let my chest come down.

Derrek is right about bringing the biceps down and connecting the forearms to the biceps. Because of his monkey arms you'll need to split the difference between bicep and forearm and hand and forearm to make much less black show. Take look at some screen caps and you'll see that most biceps were pretty low... but in Greg's case (and mine) the forearm also needs to slide toward the biceps a little.

-Eric

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys! I take no offense and am glad you are all trying to help me. We need it! I was rushing around yesterday trying to post pics and trying to get out of the house for running around. :) I need to teach the hubby that armor tweaking is THE most important thing, and it comes first!! haaa haaa.. Well, for crazy armor people like us, it does. Yes, he has droopy diaper butt plate and I will hoist up the whole belly/back sections UP and get him looking proper. I think we have to clean out the garage 1st, then I can shove him into the plastic and torture him with armor bites and more pictures. Yep, gotta make some straps for his arms, too! Getting tired of all the straps... I must have forgot about all the straps on my armor. At least I know it's totally worth it in the end.

Great work and great attitude Jenny, hope nobody takes offence when they recieve comments, I found them a help in my build. Keep up the good work.

Great work and great attitude Jenny, hope nobody takes offence when they recieve comments, I found them a help in my build. Keep up the good work.

My workplace has made me tougher than I might look. :) I'm glad I've got friends to help me out here on fisd.

Getting tired of all the straps... I must have forgot about all the straps on my armor.

Welcome to the 1st Imperial Snap Detachment.

-Eric

Going to send these pics in for Greg's 501st approval. I still need to tweak some stuff but he did ok. :) The chest straps started popping off and then the chest was choking him.

We took these in the ladies room of the Plainfield Library.

DSC_0005-3.jpg?t=1359078628

DSC_0006-2.jpg?t=1359078633

DSC_0007-2.jpg?t=1359078628

see the chest is all bubbled.... :(

DSC_0008-2.jpg?t=1359078628

DSC_0009-2.jpg?t=1359078635

Final adjustments are a pain, just after you think it is all finished, shouldn't be too hard to mod. Nice work there Jenny, good luck for your partners approval :)

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi! Long time since I posted in here. Greg's been on a few troops - and I still need to adjust stuff for him. We are probably going to try a Vader build - so I need to hang out in SLD and read.. ALOT!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a replacement AB/Cod piece from AP for me, so I'll be updating my armor, then see if I switch my chest plate with Greg's chest plate... if that helps his chest choking issues. :)

I actually haven't compared the two chest pieces, yet.. but I'm hoping the AP chest is not as round as the RTMod. I'll post pics when I get that done.  For Greg's rotj Vader build we

have shin and shoulder armor, and ordered most everything except the helmet and cape... but are working on those.  :) Fun stuff!