Riveting holster to belt?

Hi

I'm kinda stuck on what's probably the last part of my build, stupidly enough, attaching my holster to the belt. The combined thickness of the soft bits is more than anything I've done before and I'm not sure if my riveter is the right type for material (it's one of the cheap amazon ones: -----------

I know riveting is cent. level only, but it'd be nice to do anyway.

thanks guys

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

This is what I do and a few other of the UKG troopers.

You take a large pop rivet, 8mm head and pop it through your canvas belt so that you see a pop rivet head on the outside of the belt as shown.

069AFC40-081D-4FAB-854D-0788988ABEFE-7080-0000093DF7E18DC0.jpg

On the other side of the belt you use a Male Snap Popper,

As shown here.

7A8E5BD6-76FE-4501-AB64-1A68FFA6F4D8-7080-0000093DF38B8C78.jpg

You then use standard female poppers on your holster straps so that the holster can snap to your belt as shown here.

DSC_0311.jpg

You end up with a quick release mechanism that helps you for trooping transport, that looks authentic screen used from the outside.

I used chicago screws to mount my holster to the belt. They look great when on and it also allows me to remove the holster for those events I do not bring my blaster.

---------

The screw head side goes on the inside so you see the riveted look on the outside.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi Kaa, I've just realised that your UKG.

Go the UKG method!

Once you start trooping you will love it and will wish to attend loads of troops and will have to think about transporting your armour around.

I used to used Chicago screws and you have to unscrew then and screw them up through frayed canvas each time you wish to remove the holster for packing.

Go with the snap popper system that I've showed you, it's what we all do.

It is strong enough to keep a holstered weapon and for you to run with it!

The same story applies, for you to be able to flat pack your armour for regular transport to events.

Ie, bars and bolts armour strapping is not practical for regular trooping.

A permanent clam shell between AB panel and kidney panel is also impractical.

I'm advising you as a potential UKG trooper to stick with all aspects of UKG strapping that you will be advised upon on the UKG site.

I've had a few FISD members here, mock what I say about constructing armour with transportation of it to be taken into consideration.

A lot of the UKG top armourers stopped posting and advising here about 2 years ago and the FISD and UKG went off in different directions.

I'm helping or trying to bridge the UKG / FISD divide again.

Hi Kaa, I've just realised that your UKG.

Go the UKG method!

Once you start trooping you will love it and will wish to attend loads of troops and will have to think about transporting your armour around.

I used to used Chicago screws and you have to unscrew then and screw them up through frayed canvas each time you wish to remove the holster for packing.

Go with the snap popper system that I've showed you, it's what we all do.

It is strong enough to keep a holstered weapon and for you to run with it!

The same story applies, for you to be able to flat pack your armour for regular transport to events.

Ie, bars and bolts armour strapping is not practical for regular trooping.

A permanent clam shell between AB panel and kidney panel is also impractical.

I'm advising you as a potential UKG trooper to stick with all aspects of UKG strapping that you will be advised upon on the UKG site.

I've had a few FISD members here, mock what I say about constructing armour with transportation of it to be taken into consideration.

A lot of the UKG top armourers stopped posting and advising here about 2 years ago and the FISD and UKG went off in different directions.

I'm helping or trying to bridge the UKG / FISD divide again.

.....what is this all about? Not to rehash old business but why would there be different directions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Those are nice Tray! I use chicago screws to but mine too but they look different. Where did you find yours?

I found mine today at Lowe's for .80 cents a piece. They are located in the nuts and bolts section. Look for the "specialty drawer". The sales associate had no idea what a "Chicago screw" was.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...