blind as a bat. Google glass?

well after my first time wearing the armour on the streets for halloween it got me thinking.

Are there any glasses available that provides real time footage to the lenses? ie. google project glass where a screen can pop out.

It would be great if I can have a small camera looking down a bit so i can see where the hell im actually going.

When the google glass comes out it'll definitely be great for troops, recording stuff and maybe even knowing who is under the helmet.

But wouldn't want the wife to know where my eyes have been wandering... :P

I had thought about a small external camera and a small screen inside my lid but I don't think there would be much room in the lid for my eyes to focus on the screen. I remember seeing a movie with chopper pilots who have a fold out screen mounted on their helmets. Your set if your a trekie ------------- . Their getting close to them http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/04/6-glasses-with-integrated-displays-that-you-can-buy-today/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

How epic would that be ? Then we would really live in the future. Imagine everyone having Glass in their helmets, connected to the rest of your current troop's members. You could get HUD information of every members current position, who's the trooper you're looking at right now, record the troop or make pics, check the event's time schedule etc.

I envy my future self for having this right now...

I wider FOV would be nice indeed. Then it would be really cool if we could get rid of the green lenses and have that on the inside once the glasses do all the work :)

But unless you use two video cameras and two screens you'll loose stereoscopic sight and your depth perception. :(

I'm thinking something like Recon Mod Live might work. It's small and designed to be viewed in tight areas like goggles. Perfect for the bucket. Any developers out there can even write apps for it. Android only right now. You can connect a camera to it, but I'm not sure if it will stream live feed. Pretty cool. -------------