ear thickness

I think it's a little bit on the thick side, but there are plenty of helmets in the legion with thicker ears than that so if you're happy with it I say you should stick with it. :)

i spent a few hours last night trimming off the 1cm i did. what makes it harder is the back part of the helmet is a few mm further out than the inner part. so the two sides of the ear peace are cut at 2 different levels from each other. if you get what i mean. also you have 3 curves to follow. the 2 sides of the ear peace going down and the top also has to follow the circumference of the helmet.

bit of a headache it is at first when starting to trim. :crushcomputer:

I think they look much better the way TM stated above.

Someone did a before and after shot of a TM with the ears trimmed more at the front and they looked so much better. In fact wasn't that you Mathias?

Nope, I had my helmet pre-built by Paul when I ordered my kit. :)

Sounds like we should try to find that tutorial though.

Keith, you've done such a great job getting the edges flush so far - I have faith in your skill to trim a tiny bit more off and still have it be even more perfect.

The ears don't quite line up so it's a little tweak here, tweak there... best you can... :D

well the other ear isn't going as well at the moment as i would like. it is very hard to repeat what was done on one side and do it again in reverse on the other.

the issue i have is the other side of the helmet were the 2 half's of the helmet join together. they don't fit very snug together which gives a bigger gap between the 2 half's on this side than it does on the other.

i don't know if all Paul's ear pulls are all the same but the right ear is shorter than the left is.