Knee plate not positioned right?

So based on advice from my EIB application I took off, trimmed down, and re-attached my sniper plate.

Now it looks like this:

h7SzpSV.jpg

FrUPihi.jpg

It isn't meant to look like that right? The shin isn't meant to show under the sniper plate?

So what can I do? I don't know if it can go any higher or if that would even fix the problem. :glare:

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Yup.

It is AM, so of course it's not a perfectly accurate armour, but this is how I would make mine if I had one.

Just so I can learn from a recent posting of this, it is correct because it lines up with the bottom edge right?

I think I made it look a little better. :)

B7EvIac.jpg

YsGriQ4.jpg

While you're here Locitus I have a few other questions. ;) Is that seam small enough?

X4MkQif.jpg

Also I trimmed the sides of my kidney plate to make it smaller, as the waist section was just way too big but I never bothered changing it. Now it fits a lot better (I could lose a bit more plastic but that might be too much) but the top of the butt plate overlaps the ab plate. Should I cut the butt to be in line with the kidney plate or what?

If I cut the ab:

dvlmPf3.jpg

If I cut the butt:

Ti6vA0b.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

the butt plate doesn't line up with the side seam on the movie suits, it comes further to the front (as yours does)

I do not have a screenshot available right now, but if someone can get one

In ESB

During the carbon freeze scene

The very last TK you see a shot of in the scene (he's standing at attention, viewed straight on, by/in front of some stairs)

He has no belt

And his butt plate can be seen coming around the front

Really sorry I don't have a screen of it for you

But check it out dude

But it doesn't line up on the other side? It looks more lkike the butt plate is being pulled towards the other side.

So in my case the best bet is to cut the butt plate vertically like this?

ZYct14t.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 11/2/2012 at 2:34 PM, Spectre said:

But it doesn't line up on the other side? It looks more lkike the butt plate is being pulled towards the other side.

So in my case the best bet is to cut the butt plate vertically like this?

I have no experience with such modifications and I have not seen anyone do them either, so I can only point to how the real suits are made, not what you should do in order to get there. There may very well be many ways to skin a cat.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021