Which BlasTech E-11?

Papatrooper

So I have been on here researching for when I am ready to get my E-11, as I will be doing an ANH stunt TK. I have heard of doopydoos, hyperfirm and a pipe build. I was just wondering what eveybodies opinions were as which way would be the best way to go. I would like to be able to go Centurion eventually and I know the requirements are different for the blaster. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon, you will likely end up with a few different E-11's. You'll need to get a hyperfirm or build your own pipe build for EIB or Centurion, but you'll also need something you are willing to break for when you do a Weird Al concert, a fun run, or just something to hand over to the kids to play with.

In the end, you will probably have all three.

To start with, go with what you think you can do yourself. A doopydoos kit is easy to make, and will get you trooping a lot quicker and easier than a pipe build. A good pipe build is a fair bit of work, but is ultimately more satisfying to have and use.

Doopydoos - Relatively fast, cheap and looks good. You can customize it by adding more detail as your desire, budget and skill dictate

Hyperfirm - Fast, durable and looks good. Ready to go out of the box.

Pipebuild - Time consuming, likely the most expensive, require the most skill, but IMHO the best looking and personally satisfying build.

Hyperfirm is what I went with because as Ducati stated it's done for you and durable (just add a D ring and maybe some scope details). Also as davej states having something you feel comfortable trooping with and handing to kids, IMHO, is a fit for the hyperfirm. The obvious problem is the accuracy is lower due to the process of making it from a mold versus an assortment of individualized parts and is also not very apt to be modified although some have done it. There may be a waiting list for the hyperfirm right now too, if that affects your decision.

My 2 cents:

Ā 

1. Hyperfirm E-11: awesome detail and lightweight, like a work of art; can be tweaked for even more detail (d-ring, cables, etc).

2. Doopy's: great details, a little heavier, and can be tweaked for your level of detail (paint, weathering, etc).

3. Hasbro/Doopy's Conversion: good started blaster, smaller in size; fun to build and can be fine-tuned with more details.

I have built a hasbro with lots of mods but not good enough for centurion, just completed a pipe build with a few doopy add-ons, bit heavier that the hasbro but lots more details. You can build a basic blaster or go mad with everything you can fit into it, the choice is yours.

• 1 month later...