Holster attachment ANH

I was watching ANH today and noticed this trooper from the opening sequence had his holster attached rather strangely. It looks like they installed the holster backwards and, realizing this, they simply flipped the belt inside out. Just wondering if this had been discussed before?

gallery_12157_11_681754.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Just reading this thread with interest as I have RS armour and the RS holster. I have just finished the build except for the fitting of the holster as I wasnt sure how to mount it to get clearance. So would I be correct in saying that the holster itself is suitable to get cleared with the 501st and to get EIB/centurion acceptance? but it would need to be rivited on the inside of the belt unlike the afore screen shot from ANH?

Cheers, Ken.

The RS holster is not designed to fit an E-11 blaster, so I don't know if it will affect EIB/Centurion awards. While it is a screen accurate holster, it was designed for the Death Star/Imperial Fleet Troopers who I believe used a DH-17 blaster.

Wait until one of the staff replies before attaching it to your belt.

I believe this was discussed before, and the ruling was this was a "mistake" or "costume flub" that should not be duplicated. (Like the helmet with no tube stripes)

That's how I see it. It might be on screen, but that doesn't make it right. If you are replicating a specific trooper that is a different story, but that is outside the scope of 501st.

I did a detailed thread on this.

lost in time?

Probably the one I remember reading some time ago. I guess some things just get burried eventually, unless they are stickied somewhere.