Sith Acolyte (Work-in-progress)

Hey all I just got my Mynock Sith Acolyte Mask (#002). Just wanted to fool around in it. Still waiting on Mynock to actually make some armour *ahem* because his work is exceptional. Obviously need to alter the robes etc. But that's going to take some time. Really liking the character and I hope to make some progress over the next year or so.

sith3_editedx_zpse2ce91ff.jpg

sith1_editedx_zpsb51198a4.jpg

sith2_editedx_zps694ec874.jpg

I don't know who this character is, but it looks scary (in apositive way)!

It's a Sith Acolyte from Star Wars: The Old Republic. Entrance at around 1:28

All I have now is mask and robe. Lots of work to be done but it sure is fun running around pretending to force choke people.

Yup I have actually. The thing is that there's no CRL for it. So right now this is a pet project that I'm in no rush to complete. I suspect to do this character right will take about $1000+ ...

Yup I have actually. The thing is that there's no CRL for it. So right now this is a pet project that I'm in no rush to complete. I suspect to do this character right will take about $1000+ ...

Here's the 'unofficial' CRL:

http://903rd.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=forcegenreq&action=display&thread=267&page=1

Lightsabers can get pretty pricey - especially if you are going to get into sparring/dueling.

Keith you mentioned armor - have you tried imperialsurplus.com - I believe Kevin makes a decent set.

At worst you can get something close and build on top of it to get the "more accurate" look you want :D

Here's the 'unofficial' CRL:

http://903rd.proboar...=267&page=1

Lightsabers can get pretty pricey - especially if you are going to get into sparring/dueling.

Yup, I've seen that CRL. It's rather "thin" on requirements. I really want to do this as accurate as possible. And the CRL doesn't really help. Right now I'm just relying on lots of screen shots and stuff for research.

I've seen Kevin's armour as well. I think it's a good start. I think I will have to go in that direction Ingrid. Buy it and then will likely have to add detail to it. Even some EL wires and stuff just for fun.

But unlike my TK, I'm in no rush. Want to definitely enjoy this build. :)

Edited by bigironvault

Followed!

I'm gearing up to buy Mynocks #4 or #5 mask, so will be following you to see how it goes and take some queues from a vet like you.

I like the republic jedi armor from starwarssurplus, but I think I would get about half the pieces as some of them don't really match the photos I've seen.

I'm sure that variation is ok though, since the Sith Acolytes are all unique, there is no way to pigeon hole the armor as exactly this and exactly that, unless you want to copy the photo precisely. Masks are different and unique, I imagine the armor will be as well.

Hey Steve, the chest piece is the part that bothers me the most. Do you find it too small? Also I don't feel that the undersuit is completely black. Would like your thoughts on it.

The chest piece is good, side to side. I do think that the acolyte may have more between the chest and ab piece. Maybe that's part of the undersuit? I don't know.

Here's some pics I quickly took this morning, before heading out the door:

001_ab.jpg

002_butt.jpg

003_chest.jpg

004_back.jpg

005_leg.jpg

006_leg.jpg

007_thigh.jpg

008_thigh.jpg

009_arm.jpg

You can see that I have glued one side of the thighs and lower legs, but have used velcro on the other. I have done that because the robe/cloak will cover the back sides and you won't be able to see it, plus if I ever decide to sell it, it's still at the original size and will fit anyone... :)

I think the paint is to bright, the pictures I've seen the armor is much more gunmetal vs silver. Did you want to make is brighter for a particular reason?

Cool kit, I'm really tempted to grab one now. But I think I have to wait a little. Is this the one from ImperialSurplus? I can never get the first names straight on people.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool kit, I'm really tempted to grab one now. But I think I have to wait a little. Is this the one from ImperialSurplus? I can never get the first names straight on people.

The kit from the pics above isn't the imperialsurplus (Kevin W) kit. It's the Kevin B kit. That kit has a taller ab piece like seen in the Times Square videos.