ANH Stormtrooper Armour ?

hi guys

i have some money coming my way. £590 to be precise. my question is, i am hoping to buy a set of ANH armour. what type of armour can i expect to buy for the money mentioned.

i have been looking through lots of posts lately on different armour types, material used etc. but the more i read the more i get confused. :56pullhair:

any advice would be well appreciated guys. :duim:

You're the right height to have your pick of any kit.

Gah, stone! I can convert pounds to kilograms in my head! If that's girth-y, AM might be the way to go, otherwise, again, any kit you want (and kits can be shimmed anyways)

I might have to throw this to someone with better knowledge of UK units, I also am unsure of what £590GBP will buy you (more than $590AUD, I know that much)

As for material, I'd recommend ABS. HIPS gives sharper detail, but ABS is Tonka-tough.

hips does not really give sharper detail, you can get good details on abs kits from makers who have sharp bucks.

hips is just thinner so people are led to think it's sharper... hips is usually really really thin.

abs does not mean that you will lose detail on any kits that are vetted on these forums!

TE2 HIPS kits are about 2 mm or 0.08 gauge, the same as AP if I recall correctly. The thing with HIPS is that it contains less rubber than ABS, and keeps it's form better when cooling down, compared to ABS that likes to "flex" back a little when cooling, requiring a more constant vacuum to keep it's desired shape after it's been pulled over the mould. This means that HIPS is easier to pull with high detail since it doesn't flex back as much, whereas ABS requires more skill and better equipment to retain sharpness. At least that's what I've read.

that sounds correct, yet usually makers who use hips use a thinner grade. when I compare hips ata to my ap abs, there is a ton of difference.

I'd always suggest abs to anyone since it's easier to care for than hips.

many people have to use fibreglass to make hips kits stronger... just ask a clone trooper!

it's a combination of thickness of material, preparation and temperatures in forming plastics.

hips is not a material I'd want in armor kits I'd have in the future, as I own an hips stormtrooper kit and I have had to

make it stronger and thicker in certain areas on the inside.

putting fibreglass fabric layers and exoxy is how most clone troopers make hips parts stronger for trooping.

abs needs no such modifications.

Welcome to the FISD mate.

First thing I would do is sign up to the Uk Garrison forums:

http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk

One of the armourers there will be able to assist you with advice on both armour prices and which is likely to be suitable for your needs. Between the armourers over there and the wealth of advice here I'm sure you will be kitted up in no time. B)