Buying parts individually.

Hi everyone,

At the moment I am trying to start building my suite but due to money issues I want to see if its possible to buy pieces individually. I have spoken to Trooper Gear already and as much as I want a full set I just can't shell out the money right now. Does anyone have recommendations? Thanks.

I'm a noob but I have some advice. When I started out I was like "Oh, all I need is to order some armor." Not the case. The tools, crafting materials, accessories, weapon add up FAST. I know you're more talking about the bulk of the cost being the armor but I would take this into consideration. Gradually buy the tools, crafting supplies, undersuit, boots, weapon, helmet, belt, neck seal, holster, gloves, etc then that will leave you with the just the armor.

Agreed. If you don't have the cash for it now, hold out and save up.

Like Karin also said, even if you could find all the parts you need individually, the shipping costs for all the parts would add up to a much larger sum than to buy it all at once.

Buy the accessories for building to start slowly. Look at a few of the more popular build threads, there you will find lists of things you should buy ahead of time. Plus there are tons of other items you can slowly buy that you will need to finish the suit. There is nothing worse then finally getting the money and waiting to get the suit made, then you get it, but you've got none of the items required to actually put it together. Now you have to wait, or impulse buy everything.

Some of the items that can be bought separately that are required for tue suit, like the holster, boots, undersuit, gloves, ab buttons and the neck seal

You could buy your armor and helmet seperate, then all your small parts one by one, body suit, gloves, blaster, studs, elastic, etc, etc :smiley-sw013:

Just to let you know I almost did a shadow trooper and I know the CO from the other detachment from last year but

I was talking with a friend of mine that got me thinking more about a Stormtrooper. This is why I changed my thoughts

there are some events that just want movie costumes not the EU yes the shadow trooper may look cool in black but you can

do so much more in white.

Much agreed with all,

You will be pleasantly (or not so much) surprised when you realize the "To Buy List" becomes never-ending and adds up FAST. cost of the all the needed acessories, materials and tools needed (if you do not already own the basi tools) can cost nearly half as much or more as the armor set itself. And trust me, the more prepared, well equipped and patient you are, the better your armor. You will want to do things as right as possible, with that comes the proper FUNDING and PATIENCE.

Looks like you're on the right track! Start off with accessories and materials! Wish you the best,

Cheers!

Julian