Can you assemble armor using only velcro?

terry

you can use the overlap method for ROTJ, and ANH version with butt joins and cover strips.

overlaping the parts on the arms and legs is only done for ROTJ versions of armor.

the strips provided in a trimmed kit are used after you cut the overlap parts to fit your body according to the film

or your body size.

if you'd like detailed help shoot me a PM.

Gluing with E6000 is not really hard. But, if you want to "test fit" your pieces like the chest/ab and back/kidney/cod, you can use a bit of velcro before you attach snap plates and cut your straps. Arms and legs look best if glued. (the back of the shin piece requires velcro unless you use the "elastic & hook" method).

Yep - hot sweaty trooper = velco coming apart or peeling off of the plastic!

Use e6000 for most bonds, velcro for the shins and webbing/snaps/velcro for hold the pieces together! :D

If it didn't you're still in good hands using the forum and the whitearmor.net tutorials. If there are instructions that come with a kit, they are only suggestions. They show one way to do it, with the builder's favorite tools.

But you can do everything with a knife, sandpaper, 1½ tubes of E6000, webbing straps, snaps, a snap presser, various velcro bands, paint, paintbrushes and Google custom search applet I made for whitearmor.net/forum because I think the built-in search engine of the board hates me.

EDIT:

http://www.google.com/cse/

That helped me hundreds of times :) If you like it better than the built-in board search, then make an applet and save an .html on your desktop to use as your homepage from now on.

Edited by Nicky

On 9/11/2012 at 9:30 PM, terry said:

I see, thanks for the replies. Was the kit supposed to come with instructions for assembling?

That might depend what kit you got. Mine did, but they were hilarious (and said to use velcro to put it all together LOL)

But no matter if yours didn't- you've come to the right place.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed