What to use for filling holes?

ABS paste could do it if your're careful. You may need to sand it smooth and polish afterwards to get a uniform surface though. Any kind of filler will work, but would also require paint on top.

Thanks all! I was looking for a hole punch before for something else, but i couldnt find one...not even sure what they look like, because its different then a paper punch right?

I will try the paste route, I found the tutorial and will give it a shot!

thanks again!

----------

The bottom tool is what I associate with a hole punch, but the top one is one too, but of the fixed hole size kind that you use together with a hammer.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Now one quick question, is this where my thigh pack should go? I just want opinions, this seems like it may be a bit too low.... photo.jpg

No that's right. There are some reference pictures in the gallery in the link at the top of the page.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Come to think of it, that 3 punch thing would work for the CRL:

"Rivets on the left side ... blah blah blah ... equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note:For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet."

:laugh1:

While it's still a little soft, massage it a bit by squeezing it between your fingers while it it's hole to get some of the gasses inside out of it. It makes for a smoother surface when you sand it.

Locitus beat me to it but:

----------

Please post photos of your newly filled rivet holes when you can. I'm curious how it looks.

Aloha,

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sooo....it worked pretty well, it was looking a lot better until the sanding part. It hardened and filled the gap quite nicely, but now I am wondering what to do about the discoloration. I am still in the process of sanding and polishing, but I wonder what to do about the different color. Do you guys have any ideas? Should I just paint it?

61dn4.jpg

So i picked up some white humbrol paints, every white they had, matte and silk...But they dont dry right. Should I just keep sanding and hope that darker ring will go away? Or should I just stay with it the way it is and try to move on?

....It really does bug me looking at it, and now Im obsessing about it, even though you cant notice from a few feet away....

Ideas pls?