New member question about clearances.

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can set me straight!

I'm new to all this, but loving it, and am working on my TK suit but am trying to get the 501st clearance route straight. I think it should be straiggt forward but... As far as I can tell, I have to apply to the "main" 501st to get a TK number, this application is dependant on having a finished costume (but I don't need to supply proof of it... yet), Once I've got this, I can apply to the UK Garrison.

But now I just read that there's a FSID application also :)

I'm so confused hehe. My aim is to achieve level 2 or 3 of the 501st CRL in order to be able to troop.

Pointers?

Thank you :)

Thanks :) My local garrison actually say to complete the 501st app first as the procedure requires a 501st designation (assuming this means an official TK XXXX number).

Relived to see the FSID are optional though - not to say I won't go for them, just that it doesn't have to be part of the overall procedure!

Just to ask, while I sit here reading away, are the FSID levels comparable to the 501st levels?

If you look at the CRL on the 501st.com website you can see additional bullets in blue and red. The two optional FISD-levels are represented by those. Meaning the 2nd level award includes black+blue, and the 3rd level includes black+blue+red requirements.

FISD is a research and development community dedicated to the Stormtrooper costume, so hang around here and build your armour, then fill out the application form on 501st.com and submit it for clearance on the UKG forum.

If you look at the CRL on the 501st.com website you can see additional bullets in blue and red. The two optional FISD-levels are represented by those. Meaning the 2nd level award includes black+blue, and the 3rd level includes black+blue+red requirements.

Aha! Good to know, and just what I needed - thanks for that.

see... he wants to know how to be approved, without being eib or centurion

can you read the confusion in this?

Relived to see the FSID are optional though - not to say I won't go for them, just that it doesn't have to be part of the overall procedure!

Just to ask, while I sit here reading away, are the FSID levels comparable to the 501st levels?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

can you read the confusion in this?

Kevin: Hi mate.

Welcome to the UKG/501st FISD.

Do you mean you are still working on your kit but have not yet submitted it for clearance?

If so once you have got it built and ready you will need to submit your pics via the UKG forums for clearance and include 4 choices of number for your TK ( ask on the ukg forums, they have a list of available numbers ).

Whilst you are building it please feel free to post up any questions you have in the Armoury section where one of us Armourers will glady help you in any way we can.

Once you have submitted your clearance pics and had your costume cleared the 501st will be informed and your name added to the registry.

One point I would make is that the UKG base standard is pretty much the FISD's EIB standard. It costs nothing extra to do and will provide you with a perfect platform if you wish to attain Centurion at a later date.

Good luck with your build. :duim:

Edited by bobojuice
Keep it civil.

Matt, I am still working on my Armour, ROTJ TK, hoping for level 3 clearance (centurion) when done and I certainly see no reaosn why I won't be EIB - and I feel like I've got question threads across a number of sites, all of which have been great sources of answers :) I suppose my main confusion was on the UKG form which requires a TK number - which in turn I thought came only from 501st.com :)

Ah I'm sure it'll all work out in the end!

Cheers

Yes. And this was first reply while you were mocking the others in the closed thread:

The "FISD" application are just accuracy awards (EIB and Centurion) which are by choice

Once you have your armor build to the basic standards, you have to apply with your local garrison who will help with the 501st procedure.

• 2 weeks later...