Measuring Myself

I've been in contact with RS Propmasters about getting a fully assembled suit. I have their sizing chart but was wondering if I should just go to a tailor and have my whole body measured for a suit? Or should I just wear Under Armour and have a friend measure me? I just want to make sure the suit fits correctly.

Measuring yourself is easy!

measureTape.jpg

I love these tape measures-- super easy to use. With a tape measure like this, having a friend help you should be just fine. Just make sure to measure everything twice!

Well i say never measure yourself, have someone do it, even just a friend. Somehow you shift and fold and weird stuff happens when you measure yourself so things are off.

Okay since we are talking measurements, I really want someone to asnwer this question before I give one of the (much researched) kit makers that I have been in contact with my hard earned money. Is it possible for bigger dimension guys to look decent in TK armor? For example these measurements:

6'1"ish

Calf- 18.5

Thigh- 27

Waist- 44

Forearm- 13.5

Bicep- 16.5

Head- 23.5

Everything is a muscular build except obviously for thr 44" waist. I would HATE to spend all of this money and then look ridiculous trying to dress and troop and look silly.

Thanks so much.

I have been emailing with RT-MOD and he has been a great help and even offers the shimming for me to my size. I am realy leaning toward that, unless someone disagrees with having the shiming done for me but honestly, I live in the middle of Missouri and the chances of me finding an armor party to help with that or something is slim. lol I have never done this type of crafting and would be severely worried that I would screw something up.

If he has offered to shim/trim based on your listed sizings, I would take him up on it. It will save you a lot of time in the build. As your first kit, it would be nice to do it yourself, but the comfort of knowing that it's gonna fit out of the box is huge.

If he has offered to shim/trim based on your listed sizings, I would take him up on it. It will save you a lot of time in the build. As your first kit, it would be nice to do it yourself, but the comfort of knowing that it's gonna fit out of the box is huge.

What he said :)

-E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i say never measure yourself, have someone do it, even just a friend. Somehow you shift and fold and weird stuff happens when you measure yourself so things are off.

Agreed.

In fact I would be the voice of dissent here and say that if you can afford it, get a taylor to do it. If you get a mate to do it and they screw it up ( or your wife when your having an officers suit made :6: ) .... its a lot of your money down the drain.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a dumb question. Measure with your biceps flexed. If you measure straight-armed, unless you are a total toothpick you will inevitably underestimate your arm size. Unlike fabric, this stuff has no give.

Not a dumb question. Measure with your biceps flexed. If you measure straight-armed, unless you are a total toothpick you will inevitably underestimate your arm size. Unlike fabric, this stuff has no give.

Thanks, that makes sense. What about the back measurement? The diagram looks like they want the top of the shoulders down to the bottom of my butt. Is this correct?

• 1 year later...

LOL My little arm does not change much flexed or relaxed. Time for me to do some push-ups.  :D