SciFi Multiplayer Videogame Recomendation

Front-a-Little

Hi there,

once in a while, some friends and I meet to do what was known as LAN or Network party in ancient times, back in the days when the wolves owned the woods and the night was full of horrors, back in the days when you couldn't download a full Bluray movie in the glimpse of an eye......anyways, we usually play Civilizations4, Sins of a Solar Empire or Crusader Kings 2 (I totally hate that game).

We all enjoy Space Simulation games like X3 but non of these have multiplayer. Does anyone know a game which might meet most of the following aspects:

Space exploration

Economy

Own Ships / Fleet customizable

Dogfights / Fleet Battles vs NPC and each other

I'm talking about good ol' LAN / Dedicated Server mode games, no MMOs

I know there's Freelancer but we tried that once and the graphics are horrible.

Any recommendations ?

I have a friend who likes to run his own servers... I've asked him about your gaming interest... we should hear back soon.

What game are we talking about ?

Had a chat with one of the gang, there's a game coming up called "Legends Of Pegasus". I found a preview article from a german gaming magazine, it has customizable ships (appearance and equipment), rolebased interstellar travel and planetary landing like the Twilight Imperium boardgame and overall it's a RTS space game like Sins of a Solar Empire. One cool feature that really popped out (in my opinion) is you can adjust the altitude of your ships to a certain degree giving you slight tactical advancements. Just like in the Wrath of Khan, when Kirk outsmarts Khan cause Khan doesn't think of spacebattle as in a 3 dimensional ......oh wait, um, the force and ...lightsabers and stuff....I'm no trekkie

A friend said you could try this, but I don't know anything about it myself. Not many sci-fi games any more that aren't MMO.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71000/ Evochron

LOL (League of legands) is great! 100% free unless you want to pay for new costumes for you toon that add nothing to game play.

No true Lan as its online but set up a "team" online and let the good times roll!!

does not look lan based. as you asked for.

Steam says "local coop mode" as well as "coop mode". Hopefully it doesn't need to be connected to Steam all the time to play

A friend said you could try this, but I don't know anything about it myself. Not many sci-fi games any more that aren't MMO.

http://store.steampo....com/app/71000/ Evochron

This actually looks like the fast-paced X-like game I'm looking for. Textures look a bit cheap sometimes but what I read about it in terms of game features sounds great. Big galaxy/universe without any portals to connect each sector and the trailer shows you can even fly to the surface of a planet from the orbit ? I can't believe this game is a so called "indie-title". Thanks for this hint, I think I'll check it out this evening. TV program sucks anyways these days.

Evochron looks really good but right now I'm having a hard time getting into the game. So many commands and details, it's crazy.

Legends of Pegasus got released this weekend, don't buy it. People go crazy on the forums, it's not just buggy it's "not done yet" as if they released a pre-alpha phase game. Refund claims on Steam Network, angry customers and the devs trying to patch stuff as good as possible.