FX shoulder bell mod

TI-3844

I took about 1" off the bottom of my FX bells a while back, I didn't try to re-shape them with a heat gun, I just went ahead and baught myself new armor :)

Would it work to just swap out the FX shoulder bells with swooped bells that are crawling around on ebay from time to time? I had considered doing that once I got my FX armor.

I took about 1" off the bottom of my FX bells a while back, I didn't try to re-shape them with a heat gun, I just went ahead and baught myself new armor :)

I did the same! I bought FX - put it all together...and was quite unhappy with it. About a month after I assembled it, I went a bought another set of armor... Granted FX looks horrible on a 5'6" guy like myself...

And to get back on topic - I don't think you can reshape those bells to put a swoop in them... I think it will help to look better if you trim them and round the corners...

I dont know about reshaping mf bells but i swaped mine out for a set ot swoopy ones..

A guy here in the uk took a mould of his fx bells and then reshaped and redesigned the plug and came up with these.... not 100% movie accurate but its a nice upgrade for fx users like myself.

JO1fK2R.jpg

oGPaE4O.jpg

I need to add a strap under my arm to stop them sticking out so far as they are quite pinched like the hero suits but i think they are great and will keep me happy until i can afford more accurate armour.

wUfxNVC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
firebladejedi said:

I dont know about reshaping mf bells but i swaped mine out for a set ot swoopy ones..

A guy here in the uk took a mould of his fx bells and then reshaped and redesigned the plug and came up with these.... not 100% movie accurate but its a nice upgrade for fx users like myself.

I need to add a strap under my arm to stop them sticking out so far as they are quite pinched like the hero suits but i think they are great and will keep me happy until i can afford more accurate armour.

So are these pics of FX armor with swapped out shoulder bells from a ANH suit or modified FX shoulder bells?

So are these pics of FX armor with swapped out shoulder bells from a ANH suit or modified FX shoulder bells?

Look at the quote above. They are FX bells that a mould was taken from and then redone to include the swoop and then new ones were pulled from this. Hope that helps.

The bells worn in the picture are really nothing like the fx bells, they are roughly the same size but thats about it.

I would also like to see pics of anyone else with fx armour that swapped their bells for something else, although i didnt think many armour types incorporate the swoopy bits do they?

Those look like a certain welshmans work if I'm not mistaken. He is a member here too. ;)

I think I know who your talkin about, i have a set of those bells, I haven't put them on anything yet though, but they are ace! :)