RS Express Build [*RS]

My friend Donny is visiting me over the weekend and he brought his RS kit (PVC) for us to build. Great timing as my building fingers were itching.

This is not a how-to. Just a bunch of progress pictures. I'll update as we go.

DSC_0001_s.jpg

DSC_0002_s.jpg

DSC_0003_s.jpg

DSC_0005_s.jpg

DSC_0006_s.jpg

DSC_0008_s.jpg

DSC_0009_s.jpg

DSC_0012_s.jpg

DSC_0011_s.jpg

Pretty much all trimming is done. Just need to paint helmet and glue parts. Some trimming needed on shins on thighs saved for adjustments once the fronts are glued. We're trying to build as quick as possible. :)

Thanks guys! :D

I got all kinds of rivets and do-dads set up for this. Split rivets, cap rivets, pop rivets, snaps, elastics, hooks etc... This will be 10x better than my first build. :)

Last work of today. More tomorrow!

DSC_0002_s-1.jpg

DSC_0004_s-1.jpg

Do you guys ever sleep?

I forgot: you have VERY short nights this time of the year, right?

I think I got 5 hours last night. Went to bed at 1 AM and up at 6 AM.

Nights are about average I guess? Sunset at 11 PM or so, sunrise at 5 AM maybe? I dunno. Never thought about it.

You're still "brewing" coffee? Why?

Because I have a kick an impolite person mocka master brewer. It's great coffee. :)

Belt assembly almost complete with cap rivets and all. Yes, the elastics are different widths because I screwed up with the distancing between the cap rivet and snap on one side.

DSC_0002_2_s.jpg

Vocoder and tube stripes painted. Still needs another coat and some cleanup.

DSC_0002_2_s-1.jpg

Had an accident related to possibly not thoroughly cured paint and old masking tape. When I took the tape off it took the paint with it, so I had to fill it back in with grey. Needs another coat and then to fix the stripes.

DSC_0003_s-1.jpg

Belt is now complete. Holster is mine and Donny needs to get is own. Holster attaches with snaps on the inside of the belt.

DSC_0004_s-2.jpg

Cheers Rob! :)

With the exception of some paint cleanup and second coating this armour is pretty much finished now. Donny just needs to glue on the snap plates and elastics where I've indicate and make the elastics for the snap plates.

So 90% complete in 2 days. :D

Last pictures. Donny needs to leave one day early so we had to speed up the build and skip the elastics. He'll finish that on his own at his home later.

DSC_0005_s-2.jpg

Managed to somewhat save the rear traps from earlier accident. Not the best paint job, but it works. I've never ever said I'm good at painting. ;)

DSC_0006_s-1.jpg

Tube stripes are as you can see still under the masking and may need some cleanup after the second coat has dried fully. The vocoder suffered the worst from our tight schedule and needs cleanup. The paint was still too tacky when I had to put the second coat on.

DSC_0007_s.jpg

DSC_0009_s-1.jpg

DSC_0010_s.jpg

DSC_0011_s-1.jpg

DSC_0012_s-1.jpg

DSC_0013_s.jpg

DSC_0014_s.jpg

DSC_0015_s.jpg