Opinions on helmet interiors

I think I would just like to keep it simple. I have seen alot of people really gear their helmets out and add all kinds of stuff to them, but I prefer to just keep it simple and clean. The HDPE screen used helmets were primered rust red and then painted white so they are a bit red inside. The hero's were ABS and clean inside. I kinda like it that way. Just my opinion....

As far as the lenses are concerned I learned a cool trick. If you double up the acetate (meaning two layers) it tends to have a mirroring effect from the outside. you can still see through it OK and your eyes are not so visible. you can also go and buy a green cutters shield and cut that to fit in your helmet. Nobody will ever see your eyes with that!

...fair enough!

Personally, I like the inside tricked out a bit..I painted mine black inside after seeing a photo of myself from the rear where you could see the white inside the helmet...it sort of ruined the illusion. There is no way I could troop without fans in the helmet ..I wear glasses and they fog instantly without fans.And kids really seem excited when they talk to you and you respond in an amplified "stormtrooperey" voice from the mic tips...it sort of goes back to the old "screen acuraccy vs. troopability" thing..it's ALL good! :)

...fair enough!

Personally, I like the inside tricked out a bit..I painted mine black inside after seeing a photo of myself from the rear where you could see the white inside the helmet...it sort of ruined the illusion. There is no way I could troop without fans in the helmet ..I wear glasses and they fog instantly without fans.And kids really seem excited when they talk to you and you respond in an amplified "stormtrooperey" voice from the mic tips...it sort of goes back to the old "screen acuraccy vs. troopability" thing..it's ALL good! :)

IMPO the bucket is realy the centerpiece of the whole suit, so it should be decked out with all sorts of things. The one problem ive run into in having this oppinion is that i rearely have the cash in hand to do a project when i want to. :P

I think I would just like to keep it simple. I have seen alot of people really gear their helmets out and add all kinds of stuff to them, but I prefer to just keep it simple and clean. The HDPE screen used helmets were primered rust red and then painted white so they are a bit red inside. The hero's were ABS and clean inside. I kinda like it that way. Just my opinion....

As far as the lenses are concerned I learned a cool trick. If you double up the acetate (meaning two layers) it tends to have a mirroring effect from the outside. you can still see through it OK and your eyes are not so visible. you can also go and buy a green cutters shield and cut that to fit in your helmet. Nobody will ever see your eyes with that!

I'm right there with you! I have a chin strap and some foam....works perfect! Conventional and accurate! B)

I dig all of it. Simple and clean seems to feel less claustrophobic to me. On the other side, the ones done up with all the fans and padding and mic tip speakers are REALLY cool.

I just hope i have the patience to do the foam and voice system.

I'm glad we don't see the inside of a bucket in the movie. It gives us all creative license to do what we want in our own bucket.

YIeHBTU.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I wouldnt paint the inside of my helmet.

IMO the insides should be painted. The reflection from the stark white drove me nuts. If you are a film acc guy, then no, go like gorge made it. But for regular trooping? Paint it up man. Also hides you electronics and gives it a more "real" look. When you show a kid your lid it looks like a helmet a stormtrooper used.

I used auto underliner. Looks great and soundeadens as well. Smells like poo for about two weeks though. :lol:

IMO the insides should be painted. The reflection from the stark white drove me nuts. If you are a film acc guy, then no, go like gorge made it. But for regular trooping? Paint it up man. Also hides you electronics and gives it a more "real" look. When you show a kid your lid it looks like a helmet a stormtrooper used.

I used auto underliner. Looks great and soundeadens as well. Smells like poo for about two weeks though. :lol:

Im thinking about a quick coat of black paint and then lining the entire inside (apart from my mic and the such) with foam.