ANH Stunt AP build [*AP]

Got the hand guard out without much grief. I am supposed to cut away the front and back correct?

2jdjjbm.jpg

Yes, you should cut away the front, back, and clean up the sides. Be sure to leave a small return edge on front and back. You can always remove more later if necessary.

Enjoy your build! I just finished my AP build earlier this year.

DAWG! Finally! :) Good progress!

On your little square belt buttons and the rectangular ab button plate, I *think* you can trim a little more, closer to the edge of the edge, if you get my meaning.

You are so gonna rock this suit.

DAWG! Finally! :) Good progress!

On your little square belt buttons and the rectangular ab button plate, I *think* you can trim a little more, closer to the edge of the edge, if you get my meaning.

You are so gonna rock this suit.

tumblr_m63g5rE18v1r1ht37o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m63g5rE18v1r1ht37o2_1280.jpg

Yeah I think the top ones. :) I have never seen those bottom ones before.

How's it coming, Derek? What does your week look like next week? Maybe I can come down to your neck of the woods on Thursday, unless you work.

looks like your AB button plate is a little short? from looking... did you try to fit it?

your handplates should look more curved, the sides are too deep.

you cut too much off them, in front, and the back should be curved.

to fix the problem go screen accurate and ditch the plastic for latex.

otherwise everything else looks like you are doing ok.

look at screen shots from the film for the backplate and chestplate.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

tumblr_m63g5rE18v1r1ht37o1_1280.jpg

I just want to point out that the top button strip is your standard 4 button strip for the abdomen and the lower 3 seperate buttons are your belt rivet covers and should always be used.

Make sure you trim the return edges of all the parts so they are flat and can be glued to your armour.

LadyInWhite: No progress since that sunday in Ventura, I've been doing school work, and I feel like if I work on the armor, I won't get any work done!

TK Bondservnt 2392: I'll look into the ab buttons. Can you post a link for the tutorial on the plates? The CRL states: "Roughly pentagonal in shape, the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove". I already have latex ones glued to chemical gloves, but I don't intend to wear the Chemical gloves for every troop.

troopermaster: You are the only person it seems who knows what they are talking about when it comes to the 3 buttons, I knew they were for the belt but everyone seems to have an opinion!

YAY! :) You're trimmed and ready to put some suspension in and glue cover strips!

Did you size it to you? I think the AP should fit you as-is pretty well, but you might have a few places to adjust.

YAY! :) You're trimmed and ready to put some suspension in and glue cover strips!

Did you size it to you? I think the AP should fit you as-is pretty well, but you might have a few places to adjust.

Not finish quite yet, and no I didn't do the sizing yet, but I think you are correct about it fitting as is.

Looks good so far. :)

Did you cut the Edges of your Belt to a 45° Angle allready?

On your First Pics they were still rectangular.

Looking forward to see more Pics.

I'm so jealous yours fit out of the box. =D

I wish! While I'm done with the major cutting, Most of the parts still need 1mm or so of trimming. Not my fault you stopped growing!

Oh, and my helmet is 90% :D I'll post pictures when I finish it.