Wires for E-11

bigironvault

the wires on an e-11 are not thick like rob suggests. they are actually thin wires like would be on a battery box or

connection wires. think red and green electrical wire, brass woven plastic insulated red and green wires.

8pSUKYh.jpg

see how the wires travel from the inside mounted on the counter, then 4 coils towards the front

then the wire continues across the front and then connects to the back outer cell.

the outer wire connects from the counter has 4 coils over the top and then they

connect to the back of the outer cell along with the inner wire.

the inner wire connects to the outer rear cell after the 4 coils.

the outer wire connects to the outer rear cell after 4 coils and folds under connecting to the rear.

The wire in that pic looks way thicker than battery box wire to me. This is the shaver wire that I used. I don't think it's far off.

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

while those wires look interesting... they are much thicker than what was used. and they have WAY to many coils on them.

and you only connected them from the counter to the rear...

look at the screen used wires. only 4 coils per side connected in series, not parallel.

the shaver wires are 12 volt wires with double insulation.

the screen used wires are 9 volt single insulated wire. the originals were battery connection wires.

With the amount of differences between each E11 seen on screen I very much doubt that every one of them had 4 coils per side. As for WAY to many coils. Your pic has four and mine has five. Hardly WAY more. But granted, mine is idealized.

well rob it's not just the amount of coils, it's the location of the setup, and the thickness of the wire.

the connections of the wire and the path of it's circuit.

and like I said, your wires look 'interesting'

---------

my scanners report an idealized e-11 power cell arrangement.

when will rob attach his accurate power cell replica with shaver wires...?

:smiley-sw013:

FFZiTBF.jpg

see how the wires travel from the inside mounted on the counter, then 4 coils towards the front

then the wire continues across the front and then connects to the back outer cell.

the outer wire connects from the counter has 4 coils over the top and then they

connect to the back of the outer cell along with the inner wire.

the inner wire connects to the outer rear cell after the 4 coils.

the outer wire connects to the outer rear cell after 4 coils and folds under connecting to the rear.

the inside wire is not even connected to the inside cell rear, it simply folds over the top of the inside cell

and then it attaches to the outside cell. so the inside capacitor is not connected with wire at all in the above illustration.

the wire is simply laying over the top of it.

the outside cell has the inner wire and the outer wire attached at the rear.

also you can clearly see the hengstler is mounted very close on this e-11

and the 3 center capacitors can really easy be seen in this blowup.

you can also see that this is a non blank firing e-11 with a wood block magazine.

this is all pointed out in the spirit of troopers helping troopers.

with a smile and a cheerful nod to accuracy!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

this is all pointed out in the spirit of troopers helping troopers.

with a smile and a cheerful nod to accuracy!

Indeed it is Vern and I salute you for that. But remember, these pics are of one example. The wires were not all the same.

-------

The OP asked what houshold items could be used and I gave him just one example of something that I think doesn't look bad. Not the most SA as Vern has pointed out but it was never claimed to be. Thanks for the close up pic Vern and the great explanation of how they were attached. Very useful info.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The white wires are from my junk drawer of left over house hold stuff. I think they were the wires left over from my garage door openers sensors. They are 2 wires together, but a little cut and pull they separate easily. They remind me of cheap speaker wire.

The black wires are too heavy. (of course) They are also left overs. They are Romex 14 gauge. This type of wire is found in your wall for lights, outlets etc… (if your going to cut wires out of your wall or your neighbors walls…make sure the power is off. It really hurts if it is on. :D

Maybe the best is a solid thin wire, not multi-strand. Automotive wires might work good too. Lots of cars out there. Lots of auto part stores too.

Oh yeah use your handy sharpie pen to wrap the wires into coils

Craig

dm101

zIVkqGV.jpg

RjGB9YZ.jpg

The white wires are from my junk drawer of left over house hold stuff. I think they were the wires left over from my garage door openers sensors. They are 2 wires together, but a little cut and pull they separate easily. They remind me of cheap speaker wire.

The black wires are too heavy. (of course) They are also left overs. They are Romex 14 gauge. This type of wire is found in your wall for lights, outlets etc… (if your going to cut wires out of your wall or your neighbors walls…make sure the power is off. It really hurts if it is on. :D

Maybe the best is a solid thin wire, not multi-strand. Automotive wires might work good too. Lots of cars out there. Lots of auto part stores too.

Oh yeah use your handy sharpie pen to wrap the wires into coils

Craig

dm101

Great thanks! That's the info I was looking for. I think I have a few of those lying around.