Biceps

jaida

Actually this is how most people have them so they float.

What you'll see a lot of folks do is to run a strip of velcro or a strap from the bicep to the shoulder bell (lots of variations). This will control the maximum length that the bicep can slide down. Let's see if I can think of all the different ways I've seen this done:

1. Duct tape (no foolin'!)

2. Strip of velcro to velcro tabs on each end (e.g. in the bell & bicep)

3. Dedicated strap glued to each piece

4. Dedicated strap riveted to each piece

5. Strap glued or velcro'd to the bicep that loops through a "tab" that has been glued to the bell. This allows the length to be adjusted.

The nice part is that all of these (except a rivet on the bell) are hidden from viewers, so it doesn't have to be pretty. I dig having the strap adjustable.

Also, I'd recommend you not pull it too high. If you look in the screen caps it should rest at the bottom of the upper arm, not be half-way up. :D

hey guys, well my armor is finally completed flat lenses and all, but im having a problem with my biceps sliding down and knocking into my forearms and then i cant bend my arms. any suggestions?

thanks

You probably want a strap of some kind to run from either the ribbing between your chest and back plate, or from your shoulder bell.

The other alternative is some kind of foam inside the bicep piece to make it snug. But I think the best bet is to still have a strap holding it.

I used a single strap from the top most part of my suspenders down to my bell (where a snap holds the shoulder bell in position), and then it continues down into my bicep piece, and attaches there (again with an industrial snap).

Other people might have better suggestions though. Can't wait to read 'em.

I have button snaps on elastic holding mine up. My friend makes wrestling belts, so he came up with a system that works out really well, though I'm not sure how well it's going to help you if you don't have a button press:

1. Elastic goes from the arc that connects the chest & back plate. Plastic Welder actually hold it on oddly enough.

2. At the end of that piece of elastic, the male end of a button snap was attached.

3. After getting a test fitting of where the bell should go, took a piece of ABS and put the female button snap through it. Plastic welded that inside the shoulder bell.

4. Added another female button snap lower on the shoulder bell on a piece of ABS and stick on with plastic welder.

5. Added another female button snap this time on the bicep, again on a piece of ABS and stuck with plastic welder.

6. Took a piece of elastic and put several mail button snaps on it so I could adjust the height of the bicep.

Even with this method, I still get a fair amount of armor bites, but not nearly as bad as when the bicep was too low.

Not sure if this was helpful, but that's how I did it.

Here is what I did to avoid the slipping biceps:

1. I have a snap connection from my shoulder bells to the connection between the chest and back armor (so its centered)

-------

2. The shoulder snap is connected through a piece of elastic that runs inside through the bells.

-------

3. My biceps are then connected to same piece of elastic via a snap and held up and inside the shouler bells.

-------

4. To keep the bell from flopping, I attached a small piece of elastic around the biceps attached at the bottom of the shoulder bell.

-------

Does this help?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 1 month later...

Try this:

--------

I like the fact that there is no black strap going around the white armor. May not be movie Canon, but it just looks better for the universe that is Star Wars. After all, the Armor is supposed to be hermetically sealed to the bodysuit.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I agree, and couldn't have said it better. None of my straps show. If I wanted to be movie cannon, I'd just let my pieces flop around and let my seams pop open. My boy and I watch the movies now just to find all the discrepancy in the armor.