Which kit has the smallest chest piece?

Hello, I took the terrible blind road of buying from jedi robe, and I'm in the process of modding my armor. Buy one thing about mine bugs me, the chest piece is HUGE! I can't use this one at all based on my height (5'6) because the chestplate goes down to touching my belt. So wich chestplate armor is the smallest? And is it possible to buy just the chestplate from that vendor?

Hi,

I modified my chestpiece by trimming the upper edge as it was too large for me being only 5ft 4in!

Ā 

I didn't touch the bottom edge as I wasn't sure about the quality of the plastic for doing a new return edge. Trying to modify the handplates with a heat sealing iron made me wary about doing this!

I would reccomend you also replace the back and shoulder bells. I did for my FX kit. Got them from ATA. Gave me a killer price and I will never go back.

Well I'm 5'6 so just to were you can see the buttons on my ab piece because the chest piece covers almost all of it!

I've also noticed the FX and this kit have quite a few similarities. :glare:

Edited by CRISTONAMO

Well I'm 5'6 so just to were you can see the buttons on my ab piece because the chest piece covers almost all of it!

I've also noticed the FX and this kit have quite a few similarities. :glare:

Ā 

That's because the jedirobe/stormtroopershop kit is a recast of FX - a flimsy, styrene recast at that. How do I know? I saw one up close this weekend and having owned an FX kit in the past it was quite obvious.

Ā 

Before you buy a replacement chest piece, give this a shot: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3938

I still do not understand how Jedi Robe get away with what they are doing- they totally misrepresent what they are selling and are phenomenally over priced!

I agree!

Ā 

One thing I have noticed though is that Jedi Robe have now removed the '501st Replica' reference on their advertising. Hopefully this will lead to less people being caught into buying from them!

It now says 'Original Replica - A New Hope' on their advert for TK armour. Strangely enough they still have a reference to 501st on their Shadowtrooper armour (in the small print).