TK-7995 about to go TB

Just picked up this box at the post office today. Brand new and all from MC :)

P5100002.jpg

Lots of news paper wrapping

P5100003.jpg

And underneath all that newspaper each part is nicely wrapped in foam thingie something

P5100004.jpg

Love my new name hehe

P5100006.jpg

Helmet and accesories. A small critique is that the lense have to be bought seperately, but he supplies two snout pieces, so I guess its okay to pay 3$ for a lense :)

P5100007.jpg

The discs for the screws on the helmet was taped together and the paint didnt want to let them go of eachother, so I will have to fix that.

P5100009.jpg

All the parts in all its glory!!

P5100011.jpg

Had to try this :D

P5100012.jpg

And just for a fun comparison

P5100013.jpg

And the pieces I already had

P5080001.jpg

Thats it :)

Awesome Morten!!!! I always liked the Scout look.... I been working on doing a Scout bike (1:1) because in my Garrison we got a lot of TBs and it would be great for the troops/events.

Have fun with your TB build, keep us updated. And watch out for those trees and little rabid teddy bears....

Already have a profile over at BSN, but for some reason I dont like it there. They seem a bit more up-tight, than your friendly neighbourhood FISD :)

Dunno maybe its just me though :)

But unfourtunately this may not become much of a build thread, as its kinda reserved for Nordic Garrisons event at LEGOland next month. We have talked about in the garrison to set up a workshop where the public can come and see that we are making theese things by ourselves and that its not just a complete costume we go out and buy, just like that.

But damn its hard not to start building right away!!

Edited by Arnie_DK

I also started my scout... all that's left for me to buy is the armor itself (MC) and a blaster. I've everything else... boots from darth vorhees, KS helmet (kit, i built it myself. not as accurate as MC, but i'm not aiming for lancer nor 501st this time i'll be letting my brother join the legion with this costume), trooperbay decals for it, and LSFU cummerbund and off-white pouches

403066_3173245092968_1320756753_33202070_1648572191_n.jpg

Nice :)

I have thought about LSFU but I think its too expensive, and I can sew myself, so thats money saved :)

I wont be going lancer with this either, as I want to instal a mesh in the ears and maybe cut the vents in the back of the helmet, and the mesh alone is enough to deny it lancer spec, so when I cant go super acurate I'm going super comfortable :)

Already have a profile over at BSN, but for some reason I dont like it there. They seem a bit more up-tight, than your friendly neighbourhood FISD :)

Dunno maybe its just me though :)

But unfourtunately this may not become much of a build thread, as its kinda reserved for Nordic Garrisons event at LEGOland next month. We have talked about in the garrison to set up a workshop where the public can come and see that we are making theese things by ourselves and that its not just a complete costume we go out and buy, just like that.

But damn its hard not to start building right away!!

I'm not up-tight but I am a friendly, equal opportunity trooper! If you need any TB help, you know where to find me. ;)

I'm not up-tight but I am a friendly, equal opportunity trooper! If you need any TB help, you know where to find me. ;)

Thanks mate, thats good to know :)

How long did you have to wait for your armor?

Congrats!

Oh, not long, not long... Only about 22-23 weeks...

Order went through the 6th of December and I picked it up yesterday the 10th of May.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of progress on the armour, since I'm not doing it at an event anyway, I'm just building away :)

This is how far I am atm

P51900052.jpg

P51900062.jpg

And the helmet is being painted. Just need a coat or two extra

P5190001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, but damn close ;)

But for Lancer I would have to remove the mesh in the ears, and thats just plain silly in my eyes. It would be the same as saying you cant go Centurion with mesh under the TK's teeth ;)

I'm all for screen acuracy, but we are still a costuming group and there will be taken close up photos of us, so I choose to look good for the public ;)

Its already black inside so thats no problem, but I intend to have some lectronics installed, and that would be visible to the outside world as a strange clunky shape. Easier to just keep the mesh ;)

Besides I already got Centurion for my TK and thats what matters :smiley-sw013:

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

In that case I would recommend that you go for something else than MC. Its expensive and he is constantly late on orders. Expect 10-12 weeks to become 6-7 months.

But check out SC instead.

• 2 months later...