Starting my tk

I have started to get items to do a tk within the last few weeks (blaster, neck seal, & holster) & I already have the place where i want to get the armor (AM) now the question that I now have is with FISD & MEPD starting to phase out the AM buckets, what would my best option be? My original plan was to get the full AM kit and a completed RT bucket & use the AM bucket kit to build for a eventual td.

I have the RT bucket and love it. It comes fully assembled with accurate stickers and is roomy enough for fans and a mic. Mine came with smoke gray lenses that needed to be replaced and the vocoder was just a sticker. I had to remove and repaint the vocoder sticker to be EIB applicable but it was not difficult. I hear if you ask Rob he can paint the vocoder and put in the green lenses in for you, but I liked the challenge.

I mean the question really comes down to do i just get the armor buy itself or get the whole kit (with helmet) and still get a different helmet? I know the TD will be maybe a few yeard down the road but would it be useful for me to just have that bucket sitting around collecting dust?

I have the RT bucket and love it. It comes fully assembled with accurate stickers and is roomy enough for fans and a mic. Mine came with smoke gray lenses that needed to be replaced and the vocoder was just a sticker. I had to remove and repaint the vocoder sticker to be EIB applicable but it was not difficult. I hear if you ask Rob he can paint the vocoder and put in the green lenses in for you, but I liked the challenge.

That would be simple really, I already have a dark green lens material that I have in my Vader bucket.

I know the decision will still be on my shoulders, but I really want to get a few other opinions.

I think that may be the best option. What got me to this point is when I read the grandfathering the fx helmet poll this morning. In a way I am glad I saw it before I spent money on anything.

Edited by thechosenhitman

The accurate helmets are not as small as you might think, it mostly comes down to assembly. In a collection of 10 helmets, both the largest and smallest helmet can be of the same make, just a slightly different assembly. The neck opening changes with the angle of the faceplate for example.

Hey Hitman!

Good to see you over here. I'm on this site more than the garrison site. :)

I'm looking forward to meeting you and checking out your VADER. Very cool, btw!

There's quite a few taller troopers and some good build threads you can follow.

p.s. Don't be fooled by Noah's avatar. Not that you were, but just in case... THAT TK

wasn't one of the build threads I was talking about. haaa haaaa...

Hey Hitman!

Good to see you over here. I'm on this site more than the garrison site. :)

I'm looking forward to meeting you and checking out your VADER. Very cool, btw!

There's quite a few taller troopers and some good build threads you can follow.

p.s. Don't be fooled by Noah's avatar. Not that you were, but just in case... THAT TK

wasn't one of the build threads I was talking about. haaa haaaa...

i had to figure that had to be a photoshop pic.

I would get the lite kit... The FX bucket just looks wrong.

i am leaning toward getting the RT bucket since i have seen that one in person, i just never tried it on.

Good call on the AM lite and sourcing the lid from someone else. I went that route on my build and got an ABS helmet kit. The service was fast and delivered quickly. There is a very slight color difference with the ATA helmet and my armor. I noticed it when I took pics outside. I dont own an RT helmet but I wish I did. I love what his helemts look like and is always super responsive with his email. I dont think you can go wrong with ATA, or RT. Being a wider than average myself I was worried that the ATA would look too small on my frame but in my opinion it looks just fine.

Either one would do you proper.

Good luck man!

Isaac

just got my armor yesterday. sadly i have not been able to open the box b/c i had to go search for a plane that had its emergency location transmitter going off (found it in the hanger getting a bath)