Pain in the neck

So do you guys find you get a sore neck after wearing the heavy helmet for a while? I find my neck gets sore just after wearing the helmet for a short while. Its pretty heave thing. I guess I need to build up my neck muscles. I would imagine after trooping several hours one's neck would be totally sore.

actually its an empty helmet. I've been sick this week so maybe it has more to do with my illness than the helmet weight. I'll have to talk with my personal trainer to get some neck exercises so I can troop pain free, LOL.

I got my AP helmet filled with fan, batteries, mic, pading, wires, and still find it super light.

I was actually affraid to lose it on Halloween due to the wind hitting me from behind;)

How long have u been trooping??? does your AP sit well on your head, i noticed that at first there was a helmet/front plate/sholder straps ( they werenĀ“t right/ working on the custom fit) issue that had me use and move my neck more to not hit it agaisnt the frnt plate and shoulder things and that did lead to mild sorness the first times, but once i got the helmet/front plate/sholder straps things squared away it was gone.....

Ā 

might be that.... if it stills hurts after your cold thingy i would look into that and if it persistes a Doc or chiro might do the trick!!!

Very cool looking commando helmet. I am actually just building my armor so I have not spent any long time in it yet. I'm playing with strapping right now and trying to finish up the thigh pieces, then I'm done. I'm also playing with padding in the helmet to get it to sit right.

In my TE2, I've got a couple CPU fans, RomFx, mic and batteries (10!) so everything's self-contained. Never had any problems with neck fatigue wearing it in the 2+ years I've had it tricked out this way. That includes strenuous events like the TORP.

You're in mill creek, is that near Edmonds? I think my neck pain was related to the tetanus shot I got and being a bit sick. That shot left my shoulder and arm really sore all week.

To quote George Herbert W. Bush: perhaps it's a vision thing.

Seriously, I wonder if you're straining to maintain some sight lines when you have the helmet on. Since the field of vision is so limited with the helmet on, you may unintentionally be twisting or straining your neck to maintain a view. The cumulative effect could be painful.

Tinker with some padding and adjusting how the helmet sits on your head. A small change could make a big difference.